Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Big thanks to ICCARS (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/137703-big-thanks-iccars.html)

albanycobra 12-19-2016 04:16 AM

Big thanks to ICCARS

A big thanks to Wil at ICCARS for sending me a front splitter to try on my GT40.
Wil knew I was entering Racewars (1000m drag) with my GT40 and could see i needed something for the front of the car to reduce lift at speed. Wil packed the part and sent it today. Shesh I havent even paid yet. Good old fashoined service with a smile , thank you ICCARS looking forward to the next time we do business.

ICCARS 12-19-2016 04:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1411664)
A big thanks to Wil at ICCARS for sending me a front splitter to try on my GT40.
Wil knew I was entering Racewars (1000m drag) with my GT40 and could see i needed something for the front of the car to reduce lift at speed. Wil packed the part and sent it today. Shesh I havent even paid yet. Good old fashoined service with a smile , thank you ICCARS looking forward to the next time we do business.

No worries Dave, my pleasure. Did you get the link for the rear spoiler also, I think that style of spoiler looks great and wouldn't have it off my GT40 now it's on there..

Donunder 12-23-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICCARS (Post 1411666)
No worries Dave, my pleasure. Did you get the link for the rear spoiler also, I think that style of spoiler looks great and wouldn't have it off my GT40 now it's on there..

Gee Wil I wish you hadn't posted this photo. I really do!

My initial reaction on seeing it was -- this is heresy, messing with one of the best loved and most iconic shapes in all of the history of motor racing. All I could see was a Pantera or a Countach with their monster wings and I thought how could anyone "stick a wing" on the GT40's beautiful svelte body? I even had a flash of the totally weird Chaparral Can Am car from the mid-sixties. Scary stuff!

After I'd cooled down a bit I thought well, the Mk2 had those ugly snorkel-type intakes and the Mk4 with it's extended tail looked particularly cumbersome and heavy around the rear, so in the name of development Ford had already messed with the original design purity.

Then I went back to your photo for the umpteenth time and thought, the wing doesn't really look all that heavy I suppose, in fact it looks rather delicate, yet strong, at the same time. And if I were to try to get past my initial negative reaction, I had to admit that the overall effect is quite pleasing. (I don't know about rear vision -- but too bad.)

I'm coming to like it more and more but I don't want to! For fifty years I've held the strong belief that the GT40 belongs in that small group of "perfect" cars, like the E Type, the Aston Martin DBR1, and the Ferrari 250 Lusso, and as such shouldn't be interfered with by mere mortals. Problem is, the more I look at your car, .... :confused::confused:

Thanks a lot mate!!!

spookypt 12-23-2016 05:17 PM

I'll preface this by saying I once put jps stickers and gold wheels on my cobra.....so I have very little kudos to critique but in the TAB era of Elle McPherson the red togs just where unnecessary and took away what was otherwise peeeeeeeerfect!

ICCARS 12-23-2016 07:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 29464

Hey Don, I know what you are saying and trust me it has taken me 18 months of research and thought process to be totally convinced with my change to my pride and joy, but now that I have done it I would not change it back as it handles even better than before, is perfectly balanced re: handling.
I would never mess with it if I thought for one second it would detract from what is obviously a beautiful body style and iconic to boot, but I love it now the way that it is. I also thought that seeing as it was now twin turbo'd and wider wheels etc... all done to it, I just needed to change the way it looks, and hence the finished result - no more to be done!!
Cheers