Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Long term fuel trim in LS1 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/137736-long-term-fuel-trim-ls1.html)

sjelby 12-29-2016 03:06 AM

Long term fuel trim in LS1

My problem is the long term fuel trim changes when the engine is off and I depress the accelerator.
Any one have any ideas?
Stan.

albanycobra 12-29-2016 05:42 AM

get the ecu flashed and turn the LT fuel trim off

Gav 12-29-2016 03:34 PM

Not sure what you mean Stan?
Are you having issues when the car has not been ran for a while?

sjelby 12-29-2016 04:30 PM

I had the ecu done to start mafless , it starts fine, I have it at the tuners and he is getting it running properly before it get put on the dyno.
His msg to me was,
I have ti find out why the long term fuel trims change without the engine running when I depress the accelerator.
Got me stumped, I'ma bricky .
Stan.

Modena 12-30-2016 01:49 AM

If he says that and asks you to find out why, get a new tuner!

Gav 12-30-2016 03:32 AM

Ditto to the above.

wouter37 12-30-2016 01:22 PM

No leaking fuel injectors or air leak ?

Rich A 12-30-2016 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modena (Post 1412217)
If he says that and asks you to find out why, get a new tuner!

Ditto!!! get a new tuner!!!

Treeve 12-30-2016 03:06 PM

I agree. If the man with the dyno is asking his customer why the ECU is behaving like it is - it means he doesn't know... and hence he doesn't know enough to tune it properly.

Get a new tuner. Find one experienced in your ECU and you will save yourself hours of dyno time and end up with a better result in the long run.

olddog 12-31-2016 08:27 AM

I agree with the above comments, but I will elaborate... make that speculate.

I suspect that the memory location that he is looking at is not actually the long term fuel trims, therefore what ever software he is using is not mapped correctly for your ECU.

It is possible that your ECU has been flashed to something other than what the box originally was and therefore he does not have the correct software to look at it. What do you know of the history of your ECU? Could it have been played with by someone else, unknown to you? If not, you can rule this out.

It is possible that this fellow is just not using the correct software for your ECU. If this is the case, you really have the wrong guy.

If my assumption is wrong and the actual LT fuel trim is changing, then I would say that your ECU has been hacked up by some tuner, or it is defective.

I'm no expert, but this would be my first thoughts.

sjelby 01-01-2017 12:09 AM

Thanks everyone.
Old dog you maybe one to something there.
The ecu was sent off ages ago to get the vats Removed so it would at least start, but that was you another guy. I will ring him and find out what program he runs and see if it is a clash of programs causing this.
Stan.

Liam.
Hope to have it on the road this year., but then again I said that last year.lol

sjelby 01-11-2017 01:20 PM

Problem Solved.
Now that Summernats is over we had another look at the motor.
A change of throttle body and everthing is fine.
The idle motor was siezed and also the seal on the manifold pressure sensor was buggered.
Changed them out and its behaving itself now.
Probably a common thing with secondhand motors.
The old box of chocolates theory.
onto the next job.
Now everything is working fine its tidy up all the wiring and it wont be long till the body goes on for the last time.
Stan.

renovationinnov 01-16-2017 11:59 PM

and you said that how many times ago