Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Car builders in Queensland (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/138108-car-builders-queensland.html)

pigsear 03-06-2017 03:49 AM

Car builders in Queensland

Hi all,
Due to my lack of build progress due to working away, amateur knowledge, and lack of enthusiasm I have indulged in off-loading my build onto someone with, lets say, the opposite of the previous reasons. Has anyone dealt with car builders in Brisbane that can get a shell to the registration and compliance stage? I don't want to be the person who started and not finished the project!

Regards,

Pigsear.

aussiecoupe 03-07-2017 08:42 PM

Have you got the parts for the suspension and other bits specific for the Pace cobra ? .
I am just about to start a CR kit and may be willing to take it on .
Warwick .

Bender 03-10-2017 09:41 PM

Hi Pigsear. I may be able to assist you with the build. I'm a trade qualified mechanic that has worked in the Supercar series for 13 years. I have just finished working on an Avanti to compete in Targa Tassy. I currently have maintenance and upgrades to complete on some classic cars and a hotrod. I'm building a G Force Cobra with a 347 toploader, Jag suspension for myself. If you have all the parts to complete the car. I can build your Cobra to the stage you feel comfortable to complete or registration stage.
Regards
Neil

pigsear 03-15-2017 10:23 PM

Hi All, I am speaking to some now who has immense experience in building cobras. Yes I have most of my parts: required will be induction including electronic fuel management, exhaust with catalytic converters, wheels, windscreen, oil cooler, trim, and paint. Everything else I have (I hope...). Engineering is required as well. Cheers, Pigsear.

07cob 03-16-2017 03:03 AM

pigsear

If the experience beats 13 years in Supercars (Bender) and more than 100 Cobras (aussiecoupe) then you will surely end up with a spectacular car.

Wazza 03-16-2017 03:47 AM

I think it's option 2.
Good choice.

spookypt 03-22-2017 10:01 PM

Hey Bender do you know Keith Hurst?

I heard through the grapevine Scotty Hampson (Venom Custom Fabrication) has sold and moved from his workshop at Meadowbrook to his house/shed in the sticks so don't drop round he wont be there.

I don't know how much he's doing with the cobra stuff these days. I saw his car for sale some time ago but he has a pretty loyal following.

As you say be it Bender or Warwick Im sure you're in good hands.

albanycobra 03-22-2017 10:16 PM

I know its a bit far, I have assembled a Pace kit most of the way(I had the Alumina) so know the cars in and out, have contributed to the brand with steering column upgrades and so on, Why pay someone to learn on your car when i can assemble it for a fixed price. I will fully assemble a bare basic Pace kit fromempty chassis to drive out the workshop for 15k.

spookypt 03-22-2017 10:18 PM

Yeah someone buy BJ's FIA and then send it to Dave. (Dave there's a shiraz in that for me now please) plug plug

albanycobra 03-23-2017 12:30 AM

Do it Spooky.....

albanycobra 03-23-2017 12:36 AM

Do it Spooky.....

albanycobra 03-23-2017 12:39 AM

Brett send it to me , I'll get it going quick smart. No excuses, fixed price.

Bender 03-25-2017 09:49 PM

Hi Spookpt. I may have met him along the way. With there being over 400 people in the series, sometimes you don't get to meet everyone. I worked closely with a lot of the teams supplying components imported and produced by the team I worked for.
Bender