Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Robnell Concours - Now a family affair (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/138250-robnell-concours-now-family-affair.html)

RobnellJunior 04-04-2017 10:14 PM

Robnell Concours - Now a family affair

Hello all,

After 6 years being a diesel mechanic denying my inevitable future of performance car and Robnell involvement, I have started working with my Dad at Robnell Concours down here in sunny/rainy/overcast/sunny Melbourne.

Being raised in the age of computers and tech I'm a smidgen more in touch with the age of social media and the interweb than my mechanically minded father so its has been decided I should be assembling photo's and taking notes on what we're doing here in the workshop to keep all of our customers, and sticky beaking interstaters, happy with a facebook feed that should be getting updated a couple of times weekly.

I've spent the past few days going through the archives of what Dad has been doing before my involvement and made 3 albums thus far of the cars that should interest most of you.

We also have an exciting suspension package in the works for Robnell owners with a fully adjustable rear roll center and completely adjustable upper front arms with revised front suspension geometry. I'll be posting progress pics of these as the front arms are completed in the coming weeks.

If there are more than 4 of you gentlemen without facebook and find it impossible to access the images and stories Im putting up, please speak up and I'll have to do something about an actual web page.

Anyway, now that Im not so distracted by smelly diesel's ill be here much more often and can't wait to immerse myself in what Dad has been doing for the past 30 years.

Here's a quick link to the facebook, if you could spread the word around about what we do and how we do it that'd be great.
https://www.facebook.com/RobnellConcours/

Cheers,

Bryce & Rob Darnell

P.S. - Would anyone be keen for a Sunday workshop "Bring you car B.B.Q. Breakfast"?

spookypt 04-05-2017 02:47 AM

Awesome to see. Bryce I hope you and your dad can pop up to the nats this year?

RobnellJunior 04-05-2017 04:07 AM

Already locked in there spooky! Emailed the a club president today to askfor the dates as the website only had 2015 dates and i havent found anything on here? Havent looked too hard but i could also be blind. Would you have the dates so we can book accom early?

spookypt 04-05-2017 01:28 PM

Not official but I'd guess 29/30 sept 1 oct I'd reckon.

gjkrv8 04-05-2017 03:10 PM

Welcome aboard/back Bryce. I bumped into Rob at Cost Less Bolts (I think we all spend a lot of time there :-) ) and had a great chat. I am sure we'd all luv a Shed Run to your place to have a look/chat/brekky etc. Nationals revolve around the NSW Labour Day Hol which is Oct 2nd so Spookypt's estimate looks spot on to me. Cheers Gregg

Dimis 04-05-2017 03:18 PM

Awesome and exciting news.
Wishing you all the very best. :)

As for Facebook. Mark me down for at least one of the 4.
And let me know If I can include the other three members of my family to quickly meet your minimum target. :o

stephen low 04-05-2017 04:11 PM

Bryce

It is always hard to fight your heritage so it is tremendous to read that the Robnell marque is being supported even further.

Perhaps you can combine your love of smelly diesel's and your new direction by releasing a diesel powered Robnell as a classic collectors edition - lol

Maybe not......but then if you look at some of my tinkering i.e towbars you will see my bent thinking at times - ha

I don't have my own FaceAche page but I do use my wife's to look at stuff and I'll be eager to see what you launch.

And yes Melbourne weather regardless, I think the club should arrange a shed run soon to you and your Dad's place to help boost the linkages and let us have a look at what's happening at Robnell now.

Have fun and cheers

Steve

RobnellJunior 04-05-2017 05:29 PM

Spooky:

Well educated guess you made as it was confirmed to me this morning via email that the Nationals are indeed going to be held at Wakefield on the weekend of the 29-30 Sept - 1 Oct.

gjkrv8:

He did tell me he spoke to someone down there not long ago. Its good to know there's alot of cobra nuts around the area haha

Dimis:

Magic mate thanks for the support! Ive put you down on the list haha

stephen low:

I'm going to love nothing more than to continue the name and be able to incorporate what today's industry has to offer compared to what was on offer 20 years ago when the cars were being produced.
But i can almost guarantee that there will never be a diseaseal Robnell floating around. Maybe a Tuned Ford Ranger? We'll just have to wait and see...

David Hodgson 04-05-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobnellJunior (Post 1419540)
Already locked in there spooky! Emailed the a club president today to askfor the dates as the website only had 2015 dates and i havent found anything on here? Havent looked too hard but i could also be blind. Would you have the dates so we can book accom early?

Bakehouse is already booked out, still room though at the Mercure next door.

Legless 04-08-2017 10:20 PM

Pretty sure someone mentioned at the last NSW meeting that the Mercure is also booked solid but would pay to check with them of course.

RobnellJunior 04-09-2017 04:00 PM

Jesus, sounds like im gonna have to get onto this asap then. Atleast there should be a good turnout then!

guye 04-11-2017 02:54 AM

Great news Bryce.

And you go to the trouble of building great cars, so I reckon the Luddites here can go to the trouble of looking for you in Facebook! Spend less time on a website and more on your great cars! :D

Looking forward to a shed run!