Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Shelbyfest 2017 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/138543-shelbyfest-2017-a.html)

Legless 05-27-2017 04:40 PM

Shelbyfest 2017

A few of us from NSW were wondering if the plans for a Phillip Island Shelbyfest this year are still on track, any news?

just dreamin 05-28-2017 03:13 AM

Sorry, Mr Legless, I don't know, but Bruce and myself are going to Victoria tomorrow to attend Laurie Bengalese's funeral on Tuesday. We will ask the question and if we find an answer I will let you know. However I must point out that he was not part of the Vic club so who knows who will attend?

guye 05-30-2017 05:57 AM

The detail and entry form for ShelbyFest 2017 has now been published on the club website. ShelbyFest 2017 is scheduled for July 1st 2017 and will be at Philip Island!

This years ShelbyFest will take on a whole new format. We have organised to join in on the Alfa Romeo Car Club of Victoria's Sprint Round 5 at Phillip Island GP Circuit. While this will be only a one day sprint event, it will give competitors an opportunity to compete with their car on the world class Phillip Island GP circuit.

Please see the full detail and entry form on the club website;

Cobra Car Club of Victoria

Legless 05-31-2017 12:12 AM

Thanks for posting the info Guye.

Aussie Mike 06-04-2017 03:37 PM

Just found an idea for an event at shelbyfest. We could have sprints, motorkana and this...

Cheers

Dimis 06-05-2017 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Mike (Post 1423161)
Just found an idea for an event at shelbyfest. We could have sprints, motorkana and this...

Cheers

Haha.
I'm scared to asked what YouTube rabbit hole you went down to find that.

Aussie Mike 06-05-2017 04:25 AM

I was watching some vintage racing clips and I saw it in the side bar and thought ??? Watched and laughed my ass off.

I thought they were some brave drivers. Hand cranking the engine over with a pig under your arm, then driving flat out round a dirt track one handed with pig still under your arm etc

Gav 06-05-2017 04:24 PM

Reminds me of driving with an ex girlfriend many years ago ;)

David Hodgson 06-05-2017 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 1423229)

'cept she was doing the hand cranking

stephen low 06-06-2017 01:16 AM

Quote:

Reminds me of driving with an ex girlfriend many years ago

You're terrible Muriel!!!

LoBelly 06-06-2017 06:42 AM

Entry Form is away ...

Hope to see some of you fine gents at the Island :D

Rog246 06-07-2017 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 1423229)

Begs the question........which/who was the pig ???
Then again probably depends on who you asked !!
lol

Gav 06-07-2017 06:27 PM

It was probably more the squealing that made me think of it.

spookypt 06-28-2017 09:51 PM

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Looks like a balmy 12 degrees Saturday.

PICS PLEASE on Monday as well as some commentary on the event would be great!

(12 months Gav since your little off) How time flys!

REPTYL 06-29-2017 12:19 AM

anyone got details on where the dinner is on Saturday night.
Couldn't see the details on the entry form.