Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Tyre pressure (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/138612-tyre-pressure.html)

mudbrick 06-11-2017 09:30 PM

Tyre pressure

Those of us out there that are running MT ST's, what tyre pressures are you running (normal street use) 245fr/295r

KDubU 06-13-2017 03:51 AM

What is your tire size? I have 15's and was told 24-25 is about right.

ninexrep 06-13-2017 03:58 AM

The manual that came with my Cobra states "28 psi front, 29 psi for the rear".

Phx Mike 06-13-2017 06:51 AM

Not exactly the same but I have Avons in sizes 245/15 in front and 295/15 in back on a Kirkham and I run 22 psi on the street. Would probably run 2 psi more on a road course but no more. I had them at 28 psi and they felt like concrete. These are big tires for such a small and light car.....

DaleG 06-13-2017 09:54 AM

22 psi

Legless 06-13-2017 04:53 PM

I'm not sure why but in my experience sometimes tyre pressure seems very critical and a couple of psi can make a lot of difference on the track and at other times not so much, probably a fair bit to do with ambient track temperature. I've found that with a set of Avon CR6ZZ, starting out with pressure in the low twenties after half a dozen laps they will be about 30 psi. If you start out with about 30 psi they will only make an extra couple of psi due to less flexing so the end result is much the same. So to minimise the chance of a tyre coming off a rim its probably better to start in the high twenties.

mudbrick 06-13-2017 07:19 PM

Thanks for the feed back.........