Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   7" headlight rings (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/138696-7-headlight-rings.html)

SydneyChris 06-28-2017 03:34 AM

7" headlight rings

Was looking without much joy so far for a pair of chrome headlight trim rings to suit my 7" LED's.

Appreciate any leads.. :)

With thanks

Chris

Dimis 06-28-2017 04:50 AM

Try oz mini spares.
They also have stainless if you prefer.
500929 - Mini headlamp rim chrome on steel genuine rover

Shame your not in Melb I have a couple off the car for you to try before you buy.
In any case they're not overly expensive.

Best wishes I hope they work out for you.

boxhead 06-28-2017 06:04 PM

Best to figure out which ones your kit requires.
Some use Mini, some use MG (they are different)

SydneyChris 06-29-2017 03:12 AM

thanks gents.. found some Hella trim rings also... their buckets appear relatively similar to the whitevision lights I have... hard to avoid a bit of trial and error on this one unfortunately.. :(

SydneyChris 07-07-2017 05:02 PM

Whitevision are trying a couple of types out.. the mini ones look more likely, as there is a threaded tab on the bucket for a retaining screw.. will update when I have an outcome. :)

ICCARS 07-07-2017 05:09 PM

Chris, we use the Morris 7" light trims as they have a nice taper in them and so not look as "bug eyed" as the standard parallel trims. Also try Midget & Sprite trims. Can get them off Ebay for a song.

SydneyChris 07-08-2017 05:45 PM

ok.. thanks Will.. they were looking the most likely option, was just waiting to hear back from Whitevision if they managed to get a couple of different types to test on their particular headlight buckets.. :)

SydneyChris 07-11-2017 03:51 AM

Nothing back from the headlight supplier as yet.. Have a set of morris 7" rings on the way from the UK.. 9 pounds each plus freight.. will see how they go .. :)

SydneyChris 07-12-2017 11:51 PM

ok... have the response from Whitevision... the headlight buckets they use are the Hella 1016 which match with the Hella 1017 chrome rings.

Will see if the Morris rings fit and go from there. :)