Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Noosa Hill Climb November (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/138981-noosa-hill-climb-november.html)

spookypt 07-25-2017 06:51 PM

Noosa Hill Climb November

Seeking interest in anyone keen to put a social group together to have a crack at the Noosa Hillclimb in November?

Seeing Keith Kassulke do it in his MARC car last weekend puts it on a bucket list for me....

muzzza 07-25-2017 07:56 PM

Interesting hill climb.......arrived home from Noosa hillclimb with bent cars on two occasions and the wife picked me up from Noosa hospital on my last outing. Not sure I would get management approval to re-visit !!!!!

spookypt 07-25-2017 08:07 PM

Yes, thus the reason for the note re "social" outing rather than sheep stations.

That said, Ive bent my car bad enough at QR but it doesn't stop me going back. Mind you after 3 incursions like yours I think Id just give it all away!

Dare I ask......do tell?

muzzza 07-25-2017 09:07 PM

Spook, QLD raceway and Morgan park are very forgiving ........a spin can result in a cloud of dust and a slightly damaged ego.........at the pointy end of a hillclimb, an off can be dramatic. Trees to the right and banks to the left.
I have seen up to six "Trailer wrecks" in a days racing at Mt Cotton. But Noosa is a great drive for a "Youngster" like yourself. Muz

spookypt 07-25-2017 09:18 PM

Yeah I know they sure can all bite! Under the bridge at MP always has me safinkter clamped.

Im not sure why Im keen but it'd just be nice to get a bunch of like minded crew together for a laugh and a bit of a blat.

It seems very hard to get any decent crew of cobraphiles together save for the odd breaky or A series etc.

schipps 07-25-2017 11:08 PM

Noosa

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookypt (Post 1426944)
Seeking interest in anyone keen to put a social group together to have a crack at the Noosa Hillclimb in November?

Seeing Keith Kassulke do it in his MARC car last weekend puts it on a bucket list for me....

Matt,

I am definitely KEEN!!!

Mick

Gav 07-26-2017 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzza (Post 1426951)
Interesting hill climb.......arrived home from Noosa hillclimb with bent cars on two occasions and the wife picked me up from Noosa hospital on my last outing. Not sure I would get management approval to re-visit !!!!!

Wives are funny like that aren't they?

stephen low 07-26-2017 06:28 AM

Hmmmm you might have some experience there Gav..........no????

But that concern regarding racing risk (read high speed driving) is quite real.

The 2016 Shelby Fest event was my first and I had two aims, don't hit anything and get a lap time below two minutes - simple no - DoH!

Achieved both admirably, but I now think about next years attendance at the 2018 Phillip Island Fest event - double DoH!!!

I have a healthy respect for cobraphiles punting their beloved cars around tracks, considering the attendant risks.

Have fun !

Gav 07-26-2017 03:24 PM

Don't let my incident stop you from doing what you want to do Slowy.
**** happens sometimes.

stephen low 07-27-2017 12:24 AM

Oh I do plan to get to PI and other events Gav.

But want my car's suspension way better set up than it currently is and those mods are in-train.

Cheers

Rog246 07-27-2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 1426980)
Wives are funny like that aren't they?

gav, wives are just plain funny (peculiar Like) %/:eek:%/:eek:%/ :p

Gav 07-28-2017 01:24 AM

Mine is pretty good to be honest.
She suggested we go to Goodwood next year..