Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Help with NSW ICV issue (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/139039-help-nsw-icv-issue.html)

Treeve 08-02-2017 12:32 AM

Help with NSW ICV issue

https://www.gofundme.com/icv-vins-and-nsw-rms-lawsuit

Guys and Gals,

I can't do it myself. I need help, and it's sad that it's come to this. I don't want to ask for money, but Solicitors don't accept gratitude as hard payment. I've reached a point where I'm going broke from fighting the RMS and I need more than words to get me through this. I need expensive words, with the right people.

Please help, if you think that ICVs are something we should all be able to enjoy in NSW. If you let this opportunity pass, then just wait for it to happen in your state, so that you can see your cobra as one of the last that people got through the system - because once precedence is set and accepted, it's all downhill for all of us.

For those of you who want to say "you make a living off this", read the go fund me page. This is a second job, outside of my fulltime employment and raising my family. I'm doing this because I love cars, I love driving them, I love working on them, I love being around other people who are excited by them. I just want help, so I can keep helping you.

Treeve

Zedn 08-02-2017 01:06 AM

Just donated.

Only small for now but if everyone throws in a bit we should get there pretty easy.

Ive also shared on Facebook.

xb-60 08-02-2017 01:25 AM

Hi Treeve,

Will NSW registered Street Rods have to jump through the same hoops as ICVs? If they don't, are you then considering seeking a Judicial decision based on fairness, similar to one of the avenues we in SA are considering?
Are any of the Cobra clubs interested in being involved?

Cheers,
Glen

Gaz64 08-02-2017 01:59 AM

Glad to donate.

Always like to see "David" win.:)

Gary

ICCARS 08-02-2017 02:17 AM

Donation sent - go sort em out Treeve. Great work and thank you for doing this for all involved.

Cheers

Treeve 08-02-2017 02:18 AM

G'day Glen,
I don't know, but I'm not even asking for anything special or any concessions - just that they will follow the ADRs in the same way the Federal government treats low volume vehicles.
I'm gutted that SA and Vic have concessionary schemes to allow people to enjoy their hobbies and NSW is punishing people for trying to follow the rules. This eats at me every day - I've been building kit cars since I was 14, and the most recent stuff has taken away my most dear hobby. I'm losing everything - my hobby, my interesting part time work - and no-one is out there standing up for us.

The time is now.

Many thanks to Wil for his generosity - I recently correctly my Australian wife on the intensive purposes / intents and purposes comment too! It's not personal... I'm an engineer.

Treeve

Treeve 08-02-2017 02:44 AM

I'd like to add:
If you've ever found my forum topics helpful, if you've ever wanted advice and I've given it and you've felt appreciation - this is the time to pay it back. I'm not asking for me, I'm asking for all the builders who have used my services, all the futures builders, all the guys in NSW who build kit cars of any shape or form.
Look at Germany and Italy - no kit cars at all.
The reason - no low volume stuff, and certainly no individual stuff. We're on the first and most important milestone to Australia Nanny State taking away our cool cars. I've got a shed full of projects, adn I'm selling them to do two things:
1. finance this
2. I can't face not registering them

Ask yourself: would you sell your car so someone else could register theirs? Would you spend all your free time doing what I'm doing?

This is a big roll of the dice, but I'm sitting on a couple of big wins. If I lose, then we all lose. it won't be long until the ICV industry is wiped out across all the other states too.

Treeve

ICCARS 08-02-2017 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treeve (Post 1427487)

The time is now.

Many thanks to Wil for his generosity - I recently correctly my Australian wife on the intensive purposes / intents and purposes comment too! It's not personal... I'm an engineer.

Treeve

LOL, my pleasure mate;
I am a phenomenological person and I just make things up as I go... **)

Trickycoupe 08-02-2017 03:15 AM

Treeve,
Might be worth getting the current affairs tv shows on the case too. They like to stir the political pot and may get some positive reactions.

Zedn 08-02-2017 03:25 AM

Does anyone know what legislation sets out the process rms must follow for putting out a policy with such a big impact? Surely it doesn't allow this when they know it can't be complied with and at least without a transitional period for industry to at least try and comply?

BJ's Snake 08-02-2017 04:27 AM

I work at parliament House in Canberra so anything you want shoved in the face of whoever....
Let me know, they will receive!

Cheers

Rob. Smith 08-02-2017 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trickycoupe (Post 1427490)
Treeve,
Might be worth getting the current affairs tv shows on the case too. They like to stir the political pot and may get some positive reactions.

I think they might slot it in with hoons etc. Scary stuff this commercial sensation seeking tv shows.

deano59 08-02-2017 06:13 PM

just dropped 50 bucks in will add more on payday cheers deano

mickieb49 08-06-2017 02:54 PM

Will drop some in as soon as payday mate.

This has levelled myself too, over $50000 and 4 years work down the drain...awesome!
Mick

Treeve 08-06-2017 07:05 PM

Mick,
I've sent you an email - check your junk mail folder as a lot of emails from me always seem to head there first. No idea why - I'm not an IT guru.
Treeve