Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Nsw compliant mirrors (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/139113-nsw-compliant-mirrors.html)

Zedn 08-12-2017 10:52 PM

Nsw compliant mirrors

For those that went through rego in NSW in the last couple of years, what did you do for mirrors? The standard bullet or raydyot mirrors don't get the field of view I'm told.

Treeve 08-21-2017 10:47 PM

Raydyot mirrors certainly don't meet the size requirements either.

Jaydee 08-22-2017 04:11 PM

I used motorbike mirrors on mine with a convex wide angle. They are only 3 by 2 inches. It's not the size of the mirror, but the requirement is you need to see a certain field of view 10 feet behind. If the engineer is happy , that's all that matters.
JD

Treeve 08-23-2017 03:00 AM

only a couple of things here:
1. yes, the size does matter, as the sizes are listed in the ADR
2. there's limits to how much curvature you can have, and it's different depending on the mirror class - motorcycle mirrors aren't the right class for cars.
3. I'm his engineer, so I'm telling him what he needs to know. As you said, this is all that matters.

Zedn 08-23-2017 04:49 AM

I think i have solved it with some aftermarket replacement mirrors for old Holdens they sell at autobahn. They are chrome so look ok, they meet size requirements and i think will have the visibility when i make up some mounting brackets.

Rob. Smith 08-24-2017 05:23 AM

2002 requirements were a flat lense and no spectral gloss . just as silly as now. :(

SydneyChris 08-24-2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedn (Post 1428796)
I think i have solved it with some aftermarket replacement mirrors for old Holdens they sell at autobahn. They are chrome so look ok, they meet size requirements and i think will have the visibility when i make up some mounting brackets.

Any further details on the part or a pic would be great... :)