Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Happy Days (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/141306-happy-days.html)

ssv ute 08-12-2018 05:35 AM

Happy Days

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

Finally the day came when i travelled to Kangaroo Island and picked up my Cobra from Wil at ICCARS.
On Friday 10/08/18 Left home at 5.45am and headed of on 2.5 hour drive to Cape Jervis to catch 9am ferry only to receive text at 6am to say ferry was cancelled due to bad weather.At least i was only 15 minutes from home.The only next Ferry time available was 6am on Saturday 11/08/18, so left home at 2.45am, got onto ferry with car & trailer for incredibly rough 45min crossing to KI, then 45min drive to Wil's. Then back home having to wait til 4.30 for my spot on Ferry,finally got Cobra home at about 7.45pm, Had huge smile entire trip home. Incredibly happy with it and have nothing but respect for Wil. The chassis is fantastic and Wil was a real pleasure to deal with.

Richard

Ron61 08-12-2018 05:57 AM

Congratulations. Now the fun starts.

Ron:)

CSX 4133 08-12-2018 11:42 AM

More impressed with tow vehicle myself.

Ozzie Goat 08-12-2018 11:50 AM

Congrats
Oh - the ute - wish we had them. Wow

Gav 08-12-2018 03:05 PM

I saw your car being built, it is a great looking piece of work.

xb-60 08-12-2018 04:58 PM

Congratulations Richard. The fun has begun :)

Cheers,
Glen

Zedn 08-12-2018 09:15 PM

I remember doing that nearly 10 years ago and still not finished.

I bet you couldn’t stop looking in the rear view mirror the whole way home!

Good to see people supporting Wil. He’s a good guy.

ssv ute 08-13-2018 06:10 AM

Thanks guys.

Steven & Ozzie Goat, ute is the last model Holden manufactured here, its a VF Series 2, SSV, you would have the sedan model (Chevrolet SS.) I'm surprised Holden never sent the ute's over to you guys - would of been a good candidate for El Camino name. It's actually a bit strange to here USA guys liking an Australian car, every gear head i have ever known has always dribbled over American Iron (and Fibre Glass.)

You are right about looking in the mirror Zedn, such an amazing feeling to realise a life long dream will actually happen.

Richard

PSYCHO 08-15-2018 03:51 AM

Congrats brother here's to the many hours of pleasure joy and of course pain but well worth it in the end 👍👍

Rob. Smith 08-15-2018 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedn (Post 1449507)
I remember doing that nearly 10 years ago and still not finished.

I bet you couldn’t stop looking in the rear view mirror the whole way home!

Good to see people supporting Wil. He’s a good guy.

Its really helpful to hear that some one else is still "building" I have been nearly 16 years doing my car... damn life gets in the way. Please don't be discouraged by the slow builders... that is definitely not the common process. The NSW RMS was a big part in my slow build ( actually completed and rego'd in two years) but rough and ready to beat a deadline.. Then the slow cosmetic rebuild between reconstruction each year for rego.

ssv ute 08-15-2018 09:18 PM

Thanks Psycho appreciate it, is your Cobra the reason behind your name?
That must be a real weapon, we used to have an FG XR8 with the 290 in it and that went like stink in a full bodied car.
Cheers
Richard

tortuga 08-16-2018 12:20 PM

That is a very cool little truck!

PSYCHO 08-17-2018 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssv ute (Post 1449671)
Thanks Psycho appreciate it, is your Cobra the reason behind your name?
That must be a real weapon, we used to have an FG XR8 with the 290 in it and that went like stink in a full bodied car.
Cheers
Richard

Hahahah ive had that nickname for over 35 yrs and its not because I'm angry by any means it's purely down to the psychotic demeaner towards cars,bikes,boats and anything else that has a motor in it hahahahah and yes the boss motor boogies even with the supercharger still sitting on the shelf 👍👍