Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Alignment shop needed in south Melbourne (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/141707-alignment-shop-needed-south-melbourne.html)

BaysideSnake 11-18-2018 04:07 AM

Alignment shop needed in south Melbourne

I just bought a 2002 G-force and would like to change the alignment a bit and take out some camber and put in a bit more caster. Anyone have any experience with a shop in the Moorabin airport area that is good with the Jag suspension on a Cobra?

Modena 11-18-2018 08:54 PM

Nathan @ Advantage Suspension

stephen low 11-19-2018 12:15 AM

Otherwise highly recommended is Tucketts Tyrepower in Hastings

stephen low 11-19-2018 12:41 AM

So welcome to the madness BaysideSnake.

Tell us more about the ride!

And a good choice of kit too!

Paintwerks 11-19-2018 05:04 PM

Nathan is a nice guy. Although, the first/last time I used Advantage for my Cobra alignment whomever worked on my car didn't tighten up a number of nuts. Naturally, I wasn't impressed. If you use them, make sure to check everything is tight when you get the car back.

There is also Ralph at Trutrack Suspension in North Melbourne. They do a lot of race car alignments. Up that way is also Stuckey Tyres. Russell supplies tyres to a lot of race teams and I believe they do alignments there too.

I have heard really good things about the aligner at Bob Jane T Marts in Moorabbin. That's where I will be taking my car shortly.

BaysideSnake 11-20-2018 12:52 AM

Thanks for the information

Thank you for the suggestions. I think I will visit with each and see what kind of feeling I get talking to them and looking at the shops. Bob jane might get a nod as the inside edges of my front tires are worn from the current camber setting.

My car was a 2001 kit that was finished in 2002. It originally had a 351 in it burning bbq gas but it spit a piston and was replaced by the LS2 and 6 speed. It is painted a dark blue metallic with silver stripes and a light mocha/tan interior. It drives very nicely and has good performance. At 61k it is not a garage queen and well sorted. I hope to keep up that tradition!

Cokey 11-21-2018 08:24 PM

I used Nathan @ advantage a couple of months ago after a recommendation, nice bloke and was very thorough.