Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Shelby Fest Qld EOI (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/141757-shelby-fest-qld-eoi.html)

Mrs flatchat 11-30-2018 04:32 AM

Shelby Fest Qld EOI

ShelbyFest Qld @ Morgan Park Raceway Warwick Qld.
Organiser TBA

EXPRESSION OF INTEREST.

Proposed Dates April 8/9/10, 2019 (Mon, Tues, Wed)
These dates will allow travel on the weekend before, and travel home from Thursday.
Or, better still make a holiday of it.
These dates are within Qld and Vic school holidays, but not NSW.
We cannot have it any later as there is the World Cup Polocrosse event in Warwick from 15/4/2019.

We are limiting the number of competitors to 60.
If we get more than that we will consider extras.
It will be open to Cobras, Daytonas, GT40s and Mustangs. Mainly Shelby cars.
There may be a possibility of Invited Cars if space allows. By all means, put in an Expression of Interest.
This will be a “no-frills but lotsa-thrills” event.
Plenty of track time:
Monday - Practice on the 3km track, and the 2.1km track
Tuesday - Hillclimb on the 1.2km track, Driving ability tests, Regularity for novice drivers
Drags on the proper drag strip, side by side with timing.
Wednesday – Sprints, and Regularity final.

We won’t have trophies for every player, but there will be some Awards.
Classes will be similar to the Nationals.

Dinners on 3 nights will be included in the package.
The Morgan Park Canteen will also be open for daytime meals.
There will be things for the ladies and non-competitors organised. A Winery bus trip to Stanthorpe and the Granite Belt is one. Sally Edwards will take on this role.

There will be more information following, after we get an idea of numbers.
We have formed a small committee, and are keen to have volunteers and people who are passionate about making this happen.

Yve Stocks will collate accommodation places willing to look after us. I would think that you will need Sunday to Thursday/Friday packages.

The Committee so far:
President Cobra Club Qld - Denis Stone
Liason - Yve Stocks and Chris Hatfield
Track Official - Don Hughes
Ladies activities - Sally Edwards
Scrutineer - Chris Hatfield and helpers

Please feel free to add your name to the list so it all runs smoothly. We need lots of volunteers for flag marshalling, starters, marshalling cars in their groups.

Contact details Yve Stocks 0417 620 648
yvestocks@bigpond.com

spookypt 12-02-2018 03:55 PM

Lots of views...who's keen?

BJ's Snake 12-02-2018 06:37 PM

Yep, I'm keen.

schipps 12-03-2018 11:45 AM

Sounds great Yve.
Count me in!

regards Mick

07cob 12-04-2018 03:34 AM

Close to home and a great venue. I am in if it can get off the ground.

Mrs flatchat 12-04-2018 12:37 PM

"If it can" tch! tch! tch!

spookypt 12-05-2018 09:17 PM

So when do we hear more details about this "potential" shenanigan...

BJ's Snake 02-07-2019 05:18 PM

???

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookypt (Post 1454832)
So when do we hear more details about this "potential" shenanigan...

Any more on this event guys!

spookypt 02-10-2019 07:37 PM

Hey Bretto, as far as I know the general consensus was its off for 2019. Issues with event timing (weekday) and notice till the event occurs to generate numbers were factors plus its only a few days before a race round for some so asking our cars to do 5 or 6 days of track work when combined is probably unrealistic. Im not saying that is officially off as its not my call but based on the above I was unlikely to be a starter...Mrs Flatchat may chime in to give real updates...Matt

BJ's Snake 02-10-2019 10:14 PM

Thanks Matt
I was thinking this may be the case, not to worry, got the week off anyway...
Wakefield is close by to give it a run.

Cheers