Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   ICVs in NSW (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/143659-icvs-nsw.html)

Eeley Eagle 08-24-2020 01:09 AM

Lets hope Treeve that the rumblings become a storm of common sense. One can only hope.

Treeve 08-31-2020 11:04 PM

Yep, I've had a car go through without major concerns in very short time. Looks like NSW is back to playing by the rules.

Dimis 09-01-2020 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treeve (Post 1481994)
Yep, I've had a car go through without major concerns in very short time. Looks like NSW is back to playing by the rules.

Small sample size not withstanding, I hope it's a permanent trend, and not an outlier.

Best wishes

Zedn 09-01-2020 05:24 PM

Hi All,

I haven’t posted for several years on this forum. Some of you may remember me as I have been building my car since 2009 and used to post a lot. I have had a lot going on outside of the cobra for the last 5 years so haven’t been spending time on the forums. I had also resigned myself many years ago to thinking this car would never get plates on it.

I’m pleased to say that thanks to Treeve’s detailed engineering inspection, testing and reporting, as well as some other positive developments in the background from ALVICVA and what I found to be a very positive and practical approach from the ‘new’ RMS, my car is now approved for rego!

All that’s left is the blue slip inspection and visit to service NSW.

Of course my car still needs finishing of body work and interior, but that’s the easy part.

A big thank you to Treeve and everyone in the background that has been working towards a revised system in NSW that will see ICV registration now possible again.

Can’t wait to see more cars getting registered again!

Cheers
Liam

Modena 09-02-2020 01:02 AM

Fantastic outcome, it is so nice to hear some positive news for a change. Thank you for sharing.

xb-60 09-02-2020 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedn (Post 1482030)
....I had also resigned myself many years ago to thinking this car would never get plates on it.

I’m pleased to say that thanks to Treeve’s detailed engineering inspection, testing and reporting, as well as some other positive developments in the background from ALVICVA and what I found to be a very positive and practical approach from the ‘new’ RMS, my car is now approved for rego! ...

Fantastic news Liam! Congratulations, and no doubt you're looking forward, after all these years, to enjoying driving your car. Spring's here, and Summer's just around the corner.

It sounds like you have a very good engineer there in Treeve ;)

Cheers! ...and stay safe,
Glen

edit: oh, and keep us updated with progress. Just sometimes ;), there ain't much going on here.

Dimis 09-02-2020 04:10 AM

I really need a "tip my hat to you" emoji.

That's one for each you gents.

Liam - congrats on ticking off that milestone.

Treeve - well done on persisting and helping another man get his dream over the line.

Auswallaby 09-02-2020 04:30 AM

Thanks to Treeve and the team for their persistence and all those who lobied on our behalf. Got my mojo back at last.... now off to the shed!!

Eeley Eagle 09-02-2020 04:32 AM

Great news gentleman. You both deserve a big High 5.
Glad to hear that NSW compliance still has hope, thanks to people like Treeve.
Liam, I'm sure the finishing of the interior won't take you another 5 years now that you have the inspiration to finish.

spookypt 09-02-2020 02:04 PM

Great news!!

PeterAllen 09-02-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedn (Post 1482030)
Hi All,

...Of course my car still needs finishing of body work and interior, but that’s the easy part...

Cheers
Liam

So 90% finished and 90% still to go!

Congratulations Liam.

David Hodgson 09-04-2020 03:33 AM

Congratulations to both you guys and a big cheer for the ALVICVA team. A special thanks to Treeve for having faith and returning to help those guys who thought their dream was now just garage art. I can only imagine the dispair it was causing.
I hope this trend continues for the better.

Wazza 09-04-2020 04:38 AM

That's brilliant news......
About time !

Treeve 09-04-2020 06:23 PM

I'd like a special mention of the guys at the ALVICVA (Australian Low Volume and Individually Constructed Vehicles Association) for taking the organisation I started (the AICVA) and expanding it to include Low Volume Manufacturers. They also have put in huge amounts of their own time and efforts to build some great collaborative approaches with the personnel at Transport for NSW (TfNSW is the new name for the RMS / RTA).
I started it, tried my best, didn't have the skillset, and so handed it on to a willing group of people who knew what to do and where to take it. I'm super grateful to them for the doors they've opened and the discussions we've been able to have. The coordination between car clubs to get voices raised and some decent representation was something I just couldn't do on my own.

The new people we're collaborating with at TfNSW have some serious runs on the board in private and public industries and are no fools when it comes to vehicle requirements. They are pragmatic and realistic in their expectations. They have also been clear on what the rule book (the regulations say) and want to make sure that transparency is a key part of the decision making process. They've even recognised that not all communication has to be formal and signed off by everyone in the organisation, and that sometimes customers just want to hear a voice on the end of a phone that says "yes we're looking into the report for your car and will talk to the certifier to get clarity on a couple of things".

All in all, some really positive steps. All I've done is keep putting one foot in front of the other and trying to keep something.. anything... moving.

Fruitloop 02-26-2021 01:04 AM

Hi - I’m nearing the end of a 4 year Cobra build and looking for options in NSW for an ICV registration. Does anybody have an engineer they could recommend? Thank you

Fruitloop 02-27-2021 12:31 AM

Nsw icv

Hi - I’m new to this forum and have just read that has been some improvement in the NSW ICV approval system. I will contact Treeve and hopefully he can help me. Thanks

hauss 02-27-2021 10:30 AM

I just came across this post almost skipped right over it.Trust me when I say we all are fighting to keep our hobby going. It took me over a year to finally get my car legally registered in ca what a pain! The major problem was the DMV not the Highway Patrol folks they were very professional. Finally got it fixed but had to go to sacramento to get it all straightened out.

xb-60 02-28-2021 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruitloop (Post 1489595)
Hi - I’m nearing the end of a 4 year Cobra build and looking for options in NSW for an ICV registration. Does anybody have an engineer they could recommend? Thank you

Hello, and welcome, Fruitloop.

I don't think I've ever welcomed anyone with that particular greeting before.
Any particular reason that we should be aware (or wary :D) of?

Tell us more about your Cobra project of the last four years. Maybe start a new thread for your build?

Again, welcome to another Aussie!

Cheers,
Glen