Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   doug nash gearbox (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/14434-doug-nash-gearbox.html)

cob460 02-06-2002 03:24 AM

doug nash gearbox

hi guys, and to you craig (750hp) in particular a friend of mine is looking for a shifter for a doug nash, inline shifter prefered you can call him on 075 1978442 or 018886066 thanks .mick.

750hp 02-09-2002 02:17 AM

Mick, I noticed the latest Dragster had a Mike Long (G-Force) inline shifter, but as far as I know they're not compatible with the Nash.

I'll take his phone numbers and give him a call if I see anything at the Cleveland Swap Meet tomorrow, or the Redbank Motorsport Swap Meet next sunday.

cwmcobra 02-09-2002 04:10 AM

Long Shifter Recommended

I'm building a Cobra replica using a Richmond Gear Street 5-Speed, formerly called Doug Nash. I found two shifters available for this transmission, a Hurst and a Long. The Long is recommended by all that I've talked to and what I've installed. A bit more money than the Hurst, but solid hardware. Part number for the Street 5-speed is HN1000. I think its available from Summit Racing. Sorry, don't know what's available downunder. If this is not the same tranny that you have, I believe Long makes shifters for all the Richmond Gear trannies.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your search.

CCX33911 02-09-2002 07:38 AM

I have the long shifter for a Richmond 5-spd. I traded in (at no charge) for a cobra style handle. It does not have the T, and in my application I think it is going to be a little bit too high. I won't know for sure until I mount the body. If necessary I will shorten the handle where it mounts to the shifter mechanism,

cobra_dude 02-09-2002 08:04 AM

Hi CCX33911.

I know from your past posts that you run a 2.88 diff with your Richmond 5 speed, but what size wheels and tyres are you using.
And what is your mph/1000 rpm.

thanks

CCX33911 02-09-2002 08:27 AM

I have vet ZR1 sized tires. 315/35-17 rear and 275/40 17 front. Car is not on road yet. I think in top gear it should be 28 mph/1000 rpms

750hp 02-11-2002 02:36 AM

I might be wrong, but I think the only Long inline (vertical gate) shifters available are specific to the G-Force clutchless trans.

Mick, nothing even remotely interesting to buy at the Cleveland swap meet. Paul Gillis had his twin turbo Cobra on show, so at least that made it worth the trip! Roll on the M/Sport swap at Redbank this weekend....

750hp 02-17-2002 03:22 AM

Mick,
Sorry, but there wasn't anything interesting at the Redbank swap today...