Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   F5 MK4 engine mount (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/145398-f5-mk4-engine-mount.html)

OZ-289 11-18-2021 10:52 PM

F5 MK4 engine mount

Hi guys just thought I’d post a warning. I test fitted the engine and gearbox (347 windsor and TKO600 gearbox) into my chassis. The gearbox didn’t reach the A-Frame gearbox mount, making the tail shaft about 70mm too short.
I had some trouble convincing the engineering department at F5 that the engine mounts were too far forward but after 11 days of emailing back and forward F5 finally checked their RHD chassis jig. It was set up wrong and yes the engine mounts are too far forward. I’ll need to cut out my old mounts and F5 have sent me another set of engine mounts to weld in.
My chassis was built at the beginning off 2021 and I only just made them aware of the problem. New builders please check your mounts.

xb-60 11-19-2021 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OZ-289 (Post 1499679)
Hi guys just thought I’d post a warning. I test fitted the engine and gearbox (347 windsor and TKO600 gearbox) into my chassis. The gearbox didn’t reach the A-Frame gearbox mount, making the tail shaft about 70mm too short.
I had some trouble convincing the engineering department at F5 that the engine mounts were too far forward but after 11 days of emailing back and forward F5 finally checked their RHD chassis jig. It was set up wrong and yes the engine mounts are too far forward. I’ll need to cut out my old mounts and F5 have sent me another set of engine mounts to weld in.
My chassis was built at the beginning off 2021 and I only just made them aware of the problem. New builders please check your mounts.

Welcome, OZ-289.
Can you tell us more about your car? Is it, as your nomen suggests, a 289.... a roadster or FIA?
And you're in Perth WA. Are you a member of the local Cobra club? We (SA club) met with some of their number in Adelaide several years ago.

Cheers,
Glen

OZ-289 12-14-2022 05:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Glen, I’m so sorry I didn’t reply to your welcome. I only just re visited the forum and saw your comment. If I got a notification I must have missed it.
For something different I went with the MK4 Factory Five 289 USRRC Roadster. With the complete kit so I got a big box full off goodies and only needed to supply my own motor and greabox. Motor is a 5L Windsor from a AU Fairmont AFR aluminium and stroked to 347. Gearbox is a TKO-600 5speed.
I’m in Geraldton which is 4hrs north of Perth so I’m pretty isolated and no I’m not in a club at this stage.