Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Cobra's Australian cousins (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/145892-cobras-australian-cousins.html)

xb-60 05-06-2022 11:55 PM

Cobra's Australian cousins

4 Attachment(s)
I went to an Alfa club meeting a couple of evenings ago, and the star attractions were 'invitees' from the South Australian Bolwell club.
On display were the 2 cars in the following pictures.

In order of age, the first one is a Bolwell Mk 7, this model being in limited production from 1967 to 1972. It had a Holden (GM) 6 cyl. engine as standard but this one now has a 302W....
Very nice looking for a late '60s car :)

Attachment 37542

Attachment 37543

The second car is a Bolwell Nagari, produced from 1970 to 1974. Standard engine was a 302W, however a small number had the 351 Cleveland from the contemporary Australian Falcon GTHO. That would have been a 'rocket' at the time with around 380bhp propelling 2300lb

Attachment 37544

Attachment 37545

Incidentally, it's owner (he's the club president) has had the car since 1972

I stlll have a Nagari sales brochure around somewhere from the early seventies.

The Bolwell company is still alive and well in Melbourne, producing a diverse range of products, including around 30000 Kenworth truck cabs since 1982 :)

Cheers!
Glen

MOTORHEAD 05-07-2022 05:23 AM

I'll take one of each, please.
love the coupe !

eschaider 05-07-2022 09:15 AM

Way cool, Glen!

letsboogie351 05-07-2022 03:42 PM

Glen when I was 18 the Nagari was top of my list as a first car. Insurance companies didn't want to know me. So a V8 Falcon 2 door made the cut. Prior to my Cobra I was still looking for a Nagari but, they seemed to be Australia's most expensive wreck or, the most expensive restored vehicles.

Harpoon PV2 05-07-2022 10:02 PM

I forgot how striking they were, especially the coups! Shame AC didn't hire there designer, much nicer then the AC428, not that I would turn down an AC428 mind you! Cheers, Dennis

xb-60 05-10-2022 02:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some more information on the Nagari....

Attachment 37551

Interestingly (well, to me anyway) is that the drivetrain is exactly the same as that in my Cobra.
The gearbox is a WR Toploader (as is mine) and the rear end ratio is the same as well. Ford 302W too ;)
My rear suspension does however look a little more sophisticated than the Nagari's.

Cheers!
Glen