Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   What is it?? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/44135-what.html)

Rebel1 08-07-2003 08:25 AM

What is it??

The pic in my gallery
I know its got something to do with AC....and it's called AC428..I know it's european designed..BUT..thats all I know

Tell me more

You all take care

mrmustang 08-07-2003 08:46 AM

It's an AC "Pietro Frua". 1967 to 1969, available with the 428CJ engine of that time period....... AC's stab at a luxury car with brutish performance, standard four wheel disk brakes, and either a 4spd, or an automatic transmission, Seating for four (actually less, as the back seat was good for the sub 7 year old grouping only). What I truly loved was the center dash area with the 9 toggle switches all grouped around the cigar lighter, and the ignition switch.....................Almost bought one of these a few years back, but it needed far too much restoration for my talents.............Of course, today, I kick myself for not buying it and storing it away until it could be restored properly.................

Bill S.

PatBuckley 08-07-2003 10:07 AM

It was actually called an AC428 - not very imaginative but did describe it.

Frua was the body designer - as in Bertone or Michelotti.....I never was that impressed with their designs - the best in my opinion being the Maserati 3500GTI.

Pat

Rebel1 08-07-2003 04:12 PM

Hey..thanks fellas

A friend of mine sent me the pic and wanted to know more.

So...what you are saying is that it IS an AC produced car?.. in other words, a cousin to our very own cobras.

How many were produced?

It looks great..how long was it produced or was it just a styling exercise?

Thanks again for your help....you blokes are just a encyclopedia of knowledge

You all take care