Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   T56 Box Mod By Aussie Mike (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/45698-t56-box-mod-aussie-mike.html)

justbetter 09-25-2003 07:00 PM

T56 Box Mod By Aussie Mike

1 Attachment(s)
Well its time to praise the master.

Im lucky enough to have foud this very competent person from this Australian Forum and lucky for him i dont live far away.

I would like to personaly say Thanks Very Much mike for a fantastic job on the relocation of my T56 gear leaver :)

Secondly thanks to his wife and daughter for allowing this to happen.:D

The shifter is neat, short, and damn quick compared to the original location.

Its great to have the Cobra in the garage again ( dont know if my partner and daughter agree :confused: ) ready for a spin this weekend at Heathcote.

Again thanks alot Mike for your help its really appriciated, and a job well done.

Regards Garrett.

Aussie Mike 09-25-2003 09:02 PM

My pleasure Garrett,

I got a lot of satisfaction from working on such a nice Cobra. It's great to see your car back on the road.

Heathcote and the Nationals will be a blast.

Cheers

Rebel1 09-26-2003 01:04 AM

Yep..Mike is a nice fella too, got lousy taste in shirts tho. :D

Mind you.. he wasn't always a nice fella...took a trip to the sunshine state to sort him out :LOL:

Aussie Mike 09-26-2003 05:50 AM

You can call me a "Closet Banana Bender" if you like since my parents live up there.

Are we gone have some fun at the Nats or what!! :D

Cheers

750hp 09-27-2003 02:13 AM

Good stuff! After seeing the previous photos showing how much further back the shifter originally sits, I have a feeling that Mike's Custom Shifter Mods Pty Lts will have a steady supply of customers as the word gets around. The finished product just looks RIGHT.

In any case, it's nice to have a guinea pig like Garrett to test the shift quality before you finish your own car..... **)

Rebel1 09-27-2003 02:20 AM

TSK TSK!!
Are those speakers I see in garretts door?? %/

You mean you can hear them? :D

Aussie Mike 09-27-2003 03:34 AM

Nope, you can't hear the speakers. Garrett's got a neat wireless headphone system in the car. I was having a listen to it today and I reckon it's a great idea.

It was great to try out the shift in a finished and drivable car. Not that I had any doubts that it would be good since I've had plenty of practice shifting mine while making broom broom noises :D

Cheers

Rebel1 09-27-2003 04:02 AM

Yeah right Mike..I can just see ya mate, sitting in ya cobra...set of headphones on....flamed shirt... wearing out ya stick shift while making broom broom noices between tracks. :JEKYLHYDE

Get yaself back to Brissy, I'm sure we can sort ya out :D :D

boxhead 09-27-2003 06:11 PM

The gear lever looks like it sits right where it should.
Good job Mike, also looks good with the stumpy lever. I am happily sitting here counting days.