Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   all alone (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/45946-all-alone.html)

boxhead 10-04-2003 04:41 AM

all alone

looks like we are the only ones here tonite craig

750hp 10-04-2003 04:54 AM

Pretty sad, huh?!?

Oh well - next year!

Sloth 10-06-2003 04:14 PM

I was home alone too fella's. Worst part is the car actually goes and i am waiting on paperwork. It weighed in at 1080kg and the blue slip is a coming....

Damn Beaurocracy.

Cheers. Stuart.

Junket 10-06-2003 04:33 PM

Well it wont last long you Aussies have way to mutch fun on CC:D:p
Ken

Aussie Mike 10-06-2003 04:37 PM

1080KG is pretty good. I was hoping the LS1 would help to break into the 1000KG mark. I'll have to have a think where I can pull some more weight out of the car. Tubular rear control arms would help, the standard cast ones are heavy.

Cheers

Sloth 10-06-2003 05:21 PM

That is without the side pipes Mike. It has an undercar system on it at the moment. I also have not skimped on comfort for the sake of weight, not am i running lightweight anything (i.e. a lot of steel brackets etc that could be aluminised). Still, i was happy with the 3rd gear snakey i did going up the big hill on the way to the weighbridge.......;>)
:eek:

I am looking forward to being legal and the Stuart highway run!!!

cheers.

pneall 10-06-2003 05:56 PM

Mike,

Looks like the challenge is on to be the first to get a CR under 1000kg although I must admit 1080 kg is not bad.

What do other makes weigh in at.

Regards,

Phil Neall

Shelby400 10-06-2003 06:10 PM

I got my Homebush Fibreglass down to 1002 kg with 5 litres of fuel. Lexus motors are very light. Probably get it lower once rego is approved. Lots of unecessary emmision control equipment.
Then again it hasn't had the trim done yet.

Sloth 10-07-2003 04:38 AM

with a 300kw program in it, i think it will matter little to me how heavy it is.. 1000kg, 1100kg..1250kg full of fuel and my fat arse and it still will be darn fast.

I love cobras.:p

boxhead 10-07-2003 04:41 AM

Hey there Sloth, I just sent you a pm.
Keep in touch when you think you will be on the drive up the Stuart highway, It would be good to see you and your car.
Also if you need a bed or some where to lock up the car I can help you out.

Sloth 10-07-2003 04:44 AM

Hey there Boxhead i just replied!:LOL: :LOL:

And i will look you up.

Leeroy 10-07-2003 04:19 PM

if mine ways in at around yours Stewart and 300kw programming and my 65kg, I think that will keep me happy for a little while.

750hp 10-08-2003 12:28 AM

None of this paper-thin, light weight chassis for me......

My land yacht weighed in at 1170 kilos. :eek:

I think the weighbridge almost broke under the strain.... Oh well, I always planned on having it over-engineered.