Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   From Scratch (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/49856-scratch.html)

Dlissimore 01-28-2004 09:54 PM

From Scratch

HI ALL!

I was just wondering how much one of the cobra kits costs if i asemble it myself, compared to how much it would cost to have someone assemble it for me (I dont have the tools) if i bought the kit myself. (Even tho thats half the fun) And what sort of cobra is the easiest to assemble?

Bryan Wilson 01-28-2004 10:54 PM

Buy or build

Dlissimore,
Welcome to Club Cobra. I see in your post that you don't realy want to build so I would sudggest you get a copy of "Unique Cars" magazine. There was no less than seven Queensland Cobras for sale in that mag a couple of months ago.
Go over to the Aussie section of Club Cobra and say hello to the rest of the Aussie's
Cheers,
Bryan:3DSMILE:

Rebel1 01-28-2004 11:26 PM

Dlissimore ... welcome to the nut farm.

To assemble a cobra takes a degree of dedication, heaps of tools, lotsa room in a shed or similar and a very understanding partner.

There are half dozen different manufacturers in Aussie land but two are in Queensland..ie. DRB and Harrison.

DRB are at Yatala phone 3807 2480
Harrison at the coast 5529 2229

If you want a cobra built I can recommend a fella on the Southside who does work on any cobra kit and will build you a harrison

Scott Hampson, Slacks Creek 3208 3224

You may want to join the Queensland Cobra Club contact Marilyn/Lee Stewart on 5575 8159, or just come to one of our breakfasts on the first sunday of every month at Sanctuary Cove.

You'll get to see some very nice cars from different kit manufacturers.

BMK 01-29-2004 02:59 AM

Hi all

:3DSMILE:

Trying to recruit again I see. Must be concerned that the Victorians are gathering in numbers and heading north...

**)

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia :MECOOL: Cruising in the sun

Rebel1 01-29-2004 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bernie Knight

Hi all

Trying to recruit again I see. Must be concerned that the Victorians are gathering in numbers and heading north...

Concerned nope..more like petrified..I've said it before...you lot are breeding like rabbits :LOL:

Gotta be something ya putting in the bergers. :D

boxhead 01-29-2004 04:07 AM

From what I can make out in your post then you are looking to buil/assemble a kit, not build a car from scratch. ie : make your own chassis and body.

If you are looking to assemble your own kit then I suggest a search within the Aussie forum area as alot of the different kit suppliers have been listed recently.

BMK 01-30-2004 04:11 AM

Les, you know what it is.......

Well, when its wet and cold and there's not much on TV...

**)

Boxhead must say I like that car that you and Mike have..

%/

Looks good.

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia :MECOOL: Cruising in the sun.. **)

Rebel1 01-30-2004 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bernie Knight

Well, when its wet and cold and there's not much on TV...

Bernie, Here I was thinking that those seat warmers on the CC home page would be just the thing to ensure you southerners could get to use ya cars more often. :LOL:

See, Told ya us Queenslanders are a considerate mob %/

Aussie Mike 01-30-2004 04:46 AM

Speaking of seat warmers, how's Cobra work going Les?:LOL:

Get a move on and finish that Cobra while there's still petrol available. Hang on, maybe I should put my own house in order before saying something like that %/

Cheers

Rebel1 01-30-2004 05:00 AM

Hiya Mike..actually, for the first time in a long time I've been able to spend some time on the thing.

Unfortunately, the chrissy period is our busy time and we dont even get to have weekends off. Thats now finished. I've actually just finished writing some assessments while I've been keeping an eye on you fellas tonight.

Hopefully, I'll get more progress now.