Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Windscreen & frame (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/49971-windscreen-frame.html)

boxhead 02-01-2004 03:31 AM

Windscreen & frame

Hello one and all.

Another question I have is regarding the windscreen and frame (expensive).

Do all kit suppliers use the same configuration when mounting the frame for the windscreen to the body?

If they do then who supplies the cheapest screen & frame?

The screens supplied by Classic revivals are approx $1520 inc gst.
Maybe that is a good price as I havent started looking yet.

Rebel1 02-01-2004 03:35 AM

Try Don Pilling....Snake bite ... 07 5529 0877

Leeroy 02-01-2004 04:11 PM

I got mine from a guy here in Melb. who makes them himself. It fitted my CR body perfectly. It was $1470 inc. gst with all windwings, fittings etc. and it is a very nice screen and finish.

boxhead 02-02-2004 01:17 AM

Hey there Leeroy, can you pm me with a contact number or let me know here (maybe others are interested too)

BMK 02-02-2004 03:59 AM

%/

Boxhead

Making good progress obviously.

I looked at a few different frames and all appeared to fit in a similiar way.

I think Leeroy is refering to Steve M. Ring Doug Pearce at his factory in Beresford Rd, Lilydale. He will arrange one for you.

I paid a similiar price about $1300 a year ago. Had the windwings, visors and all screws and fittings included.

If you want to lay ther screen back you will need to drill another hole in the frame. All other holes etc. are there.

Bernie

Leeroy 02-02-2004 01:44 PM

Bernie I used Kevin Meyer Ph. 97256485 home, 9846 0553 work. He is in Croydon, Melb. He was referred to me by Don Pilling. I only had to put a spacer in on both sides of 10mm and it went in nicely. Ian Denner gives you a dimension from rear of tunnel to top of screen for correct position which works out well, as Bernie said you can lay it down further where you are happy then drill mount holes into windscreen frame as no holes are provided on the screen. Mine is stamped #89 which is the number of screens he has made himself. Don Pilling Ph.0755290877 might be worth contacting as freighting over to Alice might be easier/cheaper from QLD than from the south?
Cheers Leeroy

BMK 02-02-2004 06:54 PM

Leeroy

Sounds just as good. I think the measurement is 36" from screen top to back of the centre body at seat backs.

I put it back an inche - 35" - and it made a real difference.

%/

My photos here have a side profile.

Boxhead hope all this helps. I can chase it up for you this end if you want??

**)

Cheers

Bernie

boxhead 02-03-2004 04:16 AM

Thanks for the offer Bernie but this is all going in the memory bank (the computers, not mine).

Thanks for the contact number Leeroy I will give him a call.

Regarding freight it is easier (cheaper) from Melbourne than Brisbane as there are no roads direct from Brisbane or Sydney, no direct rail either.