Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   For all our Northern Friends! :D (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/51118-all-our-northern-friends-d.html)

NASSTY 03-01-2004 04:53 PM

For all our Northern Friends! :D

You know you’re in Brisbane when:

1. The best parking space is determined by shade, not distance.
2. Hot water comes out of both taps.
3. You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.
4. The temperature drops below 35c and you feel a little chilly.
5. You discover that in February it only takes two fingers to steer your car.
6. You discover that you can get badly sunburned through your car window - even on a very short trip.
7. You develop a fear of metal car door handles.
8. You break into a sweat the instant you step outside your house in the morning
9. Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the footpath and cook to death?"
10. You realise that asphalt has a liquid state.
11. Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to prevent them from laying hard-boiled eggs.
12. The cows are giving evaporated milk.
13. The trees are whistling for the dogs.
14. While walking back barefoot to your car from the beach, you do a tightrope act on the white lines in the car park.
15. You catch a cold from having the aircon full blast while you sleep during the night.
16. You pray that your train/bus will have air-conditioning, and if it doesn't, waiting an extra 15 minutes for one is worth it.
17. You'd rather be at work in the air conditioning than anywhere else in the world.
18. If you have no air conditioning at work, you take an unpaid day off to stay home in the air conditioning.
19. The thought that you have no air conditioning at work or at home reduces you to tears.
20. Your tears evaporate before they hit your cheeks.

392cobra 03-01-2004 05:05 PM

Sounds like just another pleasant summer day in paradise,alot of people just call it TEXAS. :3DSMILE:

PCC 03-01-2004 05:19 PM

I'm with you Fred.

So when are you moving up Al?

Heat - you can't beat it!

750hp 03-02-2004 01:16 AM

Nassty - considering your city was just voted the second most popular gay city in the world, I'll put up with a little heat up here....:3DSMILE:

No doubt, we had some intense hot/humid days, but for sheer "burn you nasal cavity just by breathing" heat - nothing beats an Arizona or Texas summer. It's not as humid, but 50+ degrees certainly gets your attention !!!

boxhead 03-02-2004 03:29 AM

When I was living even further north than Brisbane (Mission beach/Tully) the summer heat was a real killer, 35-39 degrees and very very hi humidity but no rain.

I used to stand waist deep in the water fishing even though there are crocs around.

Also I used to pray for wind when out fishing in the boat, as atleast when the wind came up it felt cooler.

Now i am gettin used to this dry heat :D

Rebel1 03-02-2004 03:47 AM

Oi Boxhead....Tully!!..gateway to mission beach...and what a place that is...Dunk Island just a stones throw away....gods country. :3DSMILE:

Whats the old saying about Tully?...If you cant see the mountains, it's raining......It you can see them...it's going to rain :LOL:

The only place I know thats almost as wet as Tully is............Nope!..I'm not saying....I made a new years resolution to be nice to our southern cousins :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cheers

boxhead 03-02-2004 04:09 AM

Yes Les I agree about the fact it is very wet.

I can still remember when we had 36 inches of rain in 12 hours and it still didnt flood (proof of how much rain the area can handle)

Dunk Island was a favorite fishing area, plent of barras around the mangroves, heaps of coral trout around the reefs and plent of macks and tuna when the schools came through.

My wife has caught me flicking lures at our swimming pool (just for practice)

Rebel1 03-02-2004 04:43 AM

Ahhhhhhh...Drunk Island :JEKYLHYDE

Got some not so good memories involving a new years and a bunch of yachting mates. Bunch of us sailed up from Townsville and stayed for new years....drank every thing on the island till all that was left was apple cidar. :CRY: :CRY:

We drank all that too. :JEKYLHYDE

They had to send the boat off early next day to get supplies for the paying guests. :LOL: :LOL:

Gawwd...I really wished I was dead the next day. :(

boxhead 03-02-2004 04:53 AM

yep i have spent many a splendid night asleep under the stars on Drunk island.

We used to camp on Dunk and the other family group of islands alot. Just find an island without a boat on it and stay there.

Rebel1 03-02-2004 04:59 AM

My favorite part of the world:D

There is noplace on earth with as much to offer as that area.

Wished I had bought some real estate when I was up that way in the late 70's . :CRY:

NASSTY 03-02-2004 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PCC

I'm with you Fred.

So when are you moving up Al?

Heat - you can't beat it!

G'day Peter,

I'll be moving up in July.... for a 2 1/2 week holiday to the Sunshine Coast (Mooloolaba) :p Great Spot! Kicks A$$ over the Gold Coast. Where do you Qlders meet?

PCC 03-02-2004 02:56 PM

Good choice - I've only been to the Gold Coast once - full of high rises and shopping malls.

The QLD Club meets the first sunday of each month at the Sanctuary Cove Resort at Runaway Bay (Northern Gold Coast).

With regard other events, we're pretty informal up here. The last get together was a few beers at your's truly.

Its about time we had another get together.

Les, how about a mystery tour around Bracken Ridge (shouldn't take too long)?