Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Windscreen wiper troubles (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/55847-windscreen-wiper-troubles.html)

OLSCHL 07-21-2004 12:30 AM

Windscreen wiper troubles

gday guys,

Thanks for the help with the hard top but i have another problem.:CRY:

I noticed that the windscreen wipers on my car only work after the car has been driven for while. I.E they dont work as soon as i start up the car. The wipers seem to wipe very slowly then speed up, then stop half way throught a cycle!:eek: The switch im using is a pull switch with 2 settings inter and fast and i couldnt find any circuit diagrams with the instrucitons! :mad: I can't hear the wiper motors struggling or anything like it :JEKYLHYDE and i think it may be an electrical prob. The alternator on the car is brand new.

Has any one installed any wipers before or have any ideas on this one?

Leeroy 07-21-2004 11:40 AM

Gday OLSCHL,
are you using the 3 wiper (MG type) setup with the bundy tube and cable. I have bought for mine and fitted when screen was on and had lots of trouble getting an even movement of the wipers across the screen. This was due to the motor not being 100% secured to mounting method. There is quite a lot of force against motor **) when pushing all 3 wiper boxes. Check motor isn't moving when wipers operate?
Cheers Leeroy

WILDAC 07-21-2004 02:15 PM

Sounds normal for Lucas.

jasonnichols 07-21-2004 07:46 PM

LUCAS

YOU DO REMEMBER THAT LUCAS WAS ONCE CALLED THE KING OF DARKNESS:3DSMILE: :3DSMILE:

EVLCOB 07-21-2004 09:00 PM

Hi olschl
Its a bugger of a job but it might be worth taking the inner cable out and cleaning the old grease off. Also make sure the bundy tube is as straight as you can get it. The missis tells me she has seen you in Keilor Rd?

Aussie Mike 07-21-2004 09:06 PM

Lucas, the Prince of Darkness rules in darkness.

I think Terry is on the right path. 30 year old grease probably isn't helping the situation.

It might also be worth running a temporary lead directly from your battery to the wiper motor. That way you can determine if it's an issue with the switch or the wiring loom some where.

Cheers

OLSCHL 07-22-2004 08:37 AM

Gday guys,

Thanks for the info i have yet to arrive back from a trip so i wont be able to work on it till next week. It is the Mg type 3 wiper set up so i will check the motors and clean them as much as a i can and check the mountings.

EVLCOB you got it right Keilor Rd thats me :3DSMILE: I saw a black cob up at Mathews Ave the other day in Niddrie anyone know who that could of been didnt catch the plate was turning into auto barn and he just came out of no where!

You know sunny days and just rug up and its all too easy, gotta get every cent worth out of the car you know! :MECOOL:

mannyjoe 07-22-2004 01:18 PM

Oldscl
How is the wiper motor secured? Some of the guys have used a 3" exhaust type clamp and if you overtighten the clamp I'm told it might do what you describe. HOH
mannyjoe