Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Harrison Cobra Kits/Cobra Kits Australia. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/62983-harrison-cobra-kits-cobra-kits-australia.html)

302cobra 03-30-2005 07:57 PM

Harrison Cobra Kits/Cobra Kits Australia.

Does anyone on here own a Harrison Cobra Kit aka Cobra Kits Australia?? Did you have any problems with the kit during the build (if you built it yourself)?? What is their quality like?? Any good points and bad points??

Batman 03-30-2005 08:12 PM

Best bet is to get in contact with Rob Harrison - Sorry, Rob Hamilton.
He will be more than happy to bend your ear about EVERYTHING that opens & shuts with a Harrison - you'd think he worked for them. :p
Rob is a very knowledgable guy who investigates everything he does to the 'n'th degree and he is very happy to help anyone who asks & is willing to listen.
I'm not sure if he's on the forum or you can contact him through Vic Cobra Club.
If you PM me your ph# I can forward it to Rob & ask him to call you.
Cheers
Batman

WKB 03-31-2005 12:34 AM

302Cobra

I am in the process of building a Harrison kit. The information regarding his body/chassis unit on his website is how I found it to be. I used the R32 Nissan suspension in the rear and the front suspension is a Harrison fabricated setup. From what I seen of other kit suspension setups the Harrison setup appears less bulky(lighter in weight). The engine mounts come welded in place to suit the motor of your choice. The motors I have personally seen in the vehicles are Lexus(smart choice), 302/351 Ford, 4.6 ltr Ford and Chev. The chassis comes setup for a cable clutch, but can be setup for a hydraulic clutch as I did.
So far I have had no issues putting it together. Everything has fitted together pretty well and at this stage I can't see any problems in the future.
Warwick sent a rolling chassis to New Zealand at the end of last year.
I know it is a personal choice, but when I was looking for a kit I thought the Harrison looked the best.

Warren

Rebel1 03-31-2005 02:41 AM

It is very difficult to fault the Harrison kit.

Excellent shape....true to form... well engineered..and good value.

One of the good ones

BMK 03-31-2005 04:20 AM

Rebel1

Les,

%/

I agree, after looking at Rob Hamiltons Cobra it certainly is very good. I particularly found that you sit low in the car and there appears to be a lot of room. The floor, footwells etc seem to be well thought out.

%/

I am also very impressed with the Classic Revival Cobra that Aussie Mike and Phil have. (Aussie Mike and PNeall on this forum).

:confused:...would be a hard decision between the two.

302Cobra,

If you move away from the DRB...

Good luck with your choice if you decide to do it all again...:eek:

Bernie

Rebel1 03-31-2005 05:44 AM

Bernie... The shape is not unlike an RMC. ;) :)

And...Like the RMC you do sit pretty low.

Sadly, many of the newer kits don't have the subtle curves some of the older kits enjoy.

The pics recently shown here on another thread, taken above the car looking straight down is a dead giveaway. The pics of some kits taken that way show blunt, straight, ends.

The CR car is very nice but as good as it is that rear end setup with shallow dished back wheels just doesn't do it for me.

cheers

ledge 03-31-2005 01:37 PM

302Cobra
I was the first to put a gen3 in Warwicks kit and he has bent over backwards to assist me to get it all set up . Everything that has to be fitted to the car has gone on with little or no fuss at all . I would definetly recomend one of his cars .
That being said CR make an Awsome kit as well and it is definetly worth taking a look at . In my oppinion the choice at the moment would be one of these two .

Paul