Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Waiting for my windscreen (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/63545-waiting-my-windscreen.html)

albanycobra 04-16-2005 05:27 AM

Waiting for my windscreen

Hi All,

I ordered a Windscreen from Windscreens Obrian last
week. It comes as glass only but was only $200.00.
Now all i have to do is make a frame for it. I dont suppose
anyone has an old frame from a broken screen to sell?
I hope it will fit Beryl.

Dave.:)

WASP 04-16-2005 04:19 PM

Hope this helps

Kevin Meyer here in Melbourne did my screen. His phone number is AH 03 9725 6485. He may be able to help.

Hope this helps

Richard

Leeroy 04-17-2005 10:55 PM

Richard , Kevin made mine also. He does beautiful work and a real nice bloke also. Dave make sure you use the correct sealing material (urethane I think) as suggested in earlier threads they can crack very easily if not sealed with the right goop.
Leeroy.

boxhead 04-18-2005 01:23 AM

Does Kevin make them?
What kinda price did the complete screen setup cost?

I am still thinking of going with a aero screen (to register early enough for Nationals), does anyone know a supplier?

albanycobra 04-19-2005 03:26 AM

I spoke to Kevin,
Seems like a man who knows what he is talking about.
He has a back order of 6 months and wasn't sure about
interstate windscreens. I think he was a bit worried about
rough freight. I found a few local leads to chase up
on.

WKB 04-19-2005 04:49 AM

Try Woodie's Windscreens at Dianella 08 9272 8999

Warren

simon clemens 04-19-2005 05:34 AM

Warren is right Dave, woodsie's windscreens was where I purchased my glass and brass/chrome frame. Complete for around $1150. He also makes Windwings & sunvisors to suit his frame. I'm positive that your 'O'brian screen is the same as the one woodsie's use, so fittment wouldn't be a prob.
12 Harold St, Dianella,WA, Perth
ph: 92728999
fax: 92716386

There is also a bloke that makes a good frame in Bunbury, I don't have his contact details, however I can get the info for you through the WACCC if you'd like?

Simmo...

albanycobra 04-19-2005 05:40 AM

Thanks,
I'll give him a try.
Hey Simmo what brand tyres are using on the rear of your car.
I have discovered another guy in Albany building a no brand
Cobra. He says he is having trouble finding wide 15' tyres?

simon clemens 04-19-2005 06:22 AM

Using Yokohama 352's, They come in 295x50x15 too, I will buy some wider boots for it after the pits... thats the plan

simmo...