Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   new suspension (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/64821-new-suspension.html)

Alvin 05-28-2005 02:06 AM

new suspension

HEY ALL

I just fitted new rear shocks, springs and bushers and front shocks and bushers. It was amazing how much the car ride and handle changed with the correct gear. It was abit hard to see its limits cause down in melb it was raining, but it was fun going side ways...

PCC 05-29-2005 04:20 AM

Alvin,

What setup did you originally have and what improvements were made?

Also, how difference in handling was noted?

Thanks mate.

cameron02 05-30-2005 11:30 PM

Hi Alvin,

dito what Peter wrote

Alvin 06-05-2005 05:13 AM

sus

l changed all the bushers front and rear. Got new shocks all round. What was in there in there in the first place was unknown, previous onwer had no clues on suspension componenets. With a wheel alignment and the beast will be more fun to drive.

Sorry it took so long to get back you guys.

When is the Vic club goin to have the next event?

BMK 06-05-2005 06:36 AM

This will give the new shockers and suspension setup a work out

Alvin,

Looks like you made some real improvements. So where to now to check it out...:confused:

By the sounds of things - the skid pan at Shepparton..

Alvin 06-09-2005 03:25 AM

Bernie
Maybe the skid pan down at lilydale industry park !!!!!;)

Alvin 06-29-2005 12:25 AM

finally got the wheel aligned and it handles like it should????

Cant wait to takes it for a spin.

Still need to keep an eye out on the oil casue lm still seem to be lost it somewhere!!!!!

stiffy 06-30-2005 02:04 AM

It takes a while to feel better......

Alvin,

I had similar work done to my old girl a while ago.
New rear springs (4) reset the Koni's in the rear,I went up
by 25% in the rear (I cannot feel the difference)
and I replaced the upper/lower bushes and all the rubbers
with the Nolothane stuff.
**)

I couldn't tell the difference straight away,but the more I
drive it the better it felt.I still need a wheel alignment,but it feels
much tighter (the way we like it) Just a warning check the steering
rack bolts,mine were getting a bit loose from the extra stress.

STIFFY

Leeroy 07-01-2005 03:23 PM

What spring weights are you guys using on front & rear. I have 350lb front / 525lb rear. Feels pretty good so far but need alignment also.

Bernie, whats this about skid pan day at Shepp?

Leeroy