Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   what is £ 397.31 p in Dollars (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/66409-what-397-31-p-dollars.html)

vettestr 07-19-2005 08:59 PM

what is £ 397.31 p in Dollars

Help Guys,
What the heck am I doing?? What is a rough conversion of
£ 397.31 p within say 20 bucks in US dollars. Please tell me the ratio you used even if an old factor, as more looking to lean the math. THANK YOU !!

computerworks 07-19-2005 09:04 PM

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

:p

vettestr 07-19-2005 09:15 PM

Ron, Bigger issue is from email I can not tell if we are talking about English pound, UK pound, Euro etc.... Do not know what my first currency or factor too chose in the link you sent.
signed = a wurkn rednek Thanks Ron

computerworks 07-19-2005 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vettestr

Ron, Bigger issue is from email I can not tell if we are talking about English pound, UK pound,
English Pound = UK Pound = GBP... all the same thing.

1 GBP = 1.73661 USD (US Dollar)
1 USD = 0.575835 GBP

(...today, :D )

vettestr 07-19-2005 09:39 PM

Thanks Ron,
I went to a conversion site other than the one you provided before my post . It gave me all the choices so made me think I was missing the big picture for sure. Then clicked on your path and saw some of the same choices so now I was sure I was crazy. Well I was correct at least once tonight.
Appreciate your help again ! Take care Jeff C

BMK 07-19-2005 10:44 PM

Ok Jeff, what's going to the UK that prompts this question - or are you buying..:LOL:

vettestr 07-20-2005 07:48 AM

Hey Bernie,
Were your ears burning yesterday, We were talking at the local car show and you mentioned maybe a Hummer would follow you home some day. I had a New Hummer pull up by me and made me think of you. This one was decked out with evey conceivable goodie and just done right.
The conversion and Euro question came from a deal I am working on to reduce my As Shipped Car sales price. Just looking at ways that save the customer a few bucks. If items that are generic can be purchased IN Country (shiping destination) saving duty and other associated costs then maybe best for my customers. I asked a friend to look into my possibilities of buying direct and drop shipping to my end Customer with my purchasing powers but was did not directly talk to supplier so not sure where they were and details... ETC. Always looking for better ways to skin a cat so to speak. NOTE : No live cats were harmed during the creation of this Email. LMAO Jeff C

BMK 07-20-2005 08:36 AM

Stormin Bernie...

Jeff
I had the opportunity to really go over a H2 and thought it was pretty good. I'm not keen on the little/baby version though.

My choice would be one of the early H1, (rough desert storm) models. I saw one for sale in Az. there for a reasonable price.

:LOL:

Never know. I would have fun pushing the Cobras off the track at Wakefield Park Raceway in it. If I could catch them..**)

Bernie

nikbj68 07-20-2005 09:32 AM

Hi Jeff. Don`t forget that there is a 'buyers' & 'sellers' rate above & below the rates that Ron posted, so my £397.31 might only get me $660, rather than the $690 that the actual rate equals.(today!)
If your customer is in the UK, it will still probably be cheaper for him to buy from you & import!
Nik.

BMK 07-20-2005 05:13 PM

nikbj68

Think is the same here. So Jeff may just become the new US agent for us..:3DSMILE:

PCC 07-22-2005 02:31 PM

What ever it costs in pounds, one thing for sure - its expensive!!

Simply divide pounds by 0.4 and that will give you a good idea.

As a rule, what ever you buy in pounds you can get the same thing here (if available) for in dollars.

Some Financial Analyists use MacDonalds as a gauge for any one countries economy. Its about the only company who operates almost anywhere.

eg Macca in UK 5 pounds, in Aus $5 dependant upon whether you order large fries.

Bern might be able to offer more info on this front - or maybe he's too far up the Corporate ladder to know what a macca's costs!!!!!

Moved onto uniforms!!!!!!!!!!!!

vettestr 07-22-2005 09:13 PM

Bernie, nikbj68
I will just have to find a way to install the parts I am looking at on your H1. We will have lots of spare parts when we need them!! Take care guys and thanks.