Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   bugatti arrived (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/70694-bugatti-arrived.html)

jasonnichols 06-27-2006 07:22 PM

bugatti arrived

Ive just bought some bits to make a start on a 1926 type 37 bugatti

just what i needed, i need to buy my toys before the my first real baby arrives in 6 weeks.

I dont know anybody ( bar of course wives and girlfriends ) that have said buy all of your toys before the kids have arrive. I of course can only take good advise( alright the advise that suits me.)

I will be getting them into some semblence of order and will post some pics
stil waiting on some bits to arrive from various parts around the world:JEKYLHYDE :D

boxhead 06-28-2006 02:17 AM

Sounds like a good project to get your hands into Jason.
Please I beg post lotsa pics and keep us informed all the way.

G1947 06-28-2006 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonnichols
Ive just bought some bits to make a start on a 1926 type 37 bugatti

G'day Jason
More info, please, and as Boxhead says, lots of pics.
Is this a restoration, a Hot Rod, or a Kit Car???
Regards
Garry

Bryan Wilson 06-28-2006 03:42 AM

A nice project after the Milano Jason ;)

http://www.bugatti-trust.co.uk/moxiepix/b1_17.jpg

Cheers,
Bryan

stiffy 06-28-2006 04:23 AM

Byran's first car

Bryan,

Is that you in the car !!!!!!

I swear it looks like you going for your license :LOL: :LOL:

Jason, I didn't think there was a smaller car than the Milano...... I was mistaken......:D :D

STIFFY

P.S.The Stiff gets his new ride tomorrow also, Porsche 911..

Cameron Parsons 06-28-2006 04:42 PM

Jason,

I have a good friend who built/restored a type 37 about 15 years ago. His son did lot's of the work with him, and is still in Melbourne with his 36 Sunbeam.

If you need to get connected, let me know.

Cameron

jasonnichols 06-28-2006 07:29 PM

still waiting

Nice photo Bryan the end product will look something similar to that;:rolleyes: :) at the moment it looks like a couple of girders and several boxes and oddments.

There is cars smaller than the milano stiffy, it was only time before I found one. The way Im going Ill end up austin 7 special.

Still waiting on some bits to come together hopefully they'll arrive so I can pick the lot up in one go. :p :D

Plums 06-29-2006 02:28 AM

That photo is very deceiving, it looks like it has centre pivot steering, much like front-end loaders and the like....

Aussie Mike 06-29-2006 02:59 AM

Looks like its on eliptic springs at the front with rotary dampers.

Years ago I was working up the top end of Collins street and outside 101 there was a Bugati Type 35 (or similar) in the traditional blue with the aloy wheels with the big integrated drum brakes. I must have looked at it for an hour, it was cool. I don't know if it was an original but if it was a copy it was a very authentic reproduction.

I found a pic of what I reckon it was:

http://mafia.czech-games.net/PicFetc...type_35c-1.jpg

Cheers

Rebel1 06-29-2006 03:34 AM

Let's see if uncle Jason put an LS1 in one of those. :rolleyes: ;)

stiffy 06-29-2006 06:02 AM

I think this one already has one.......LS1

Hey Reb,

It must already have one.........

Notice the HUGE DRIP tray uder the car:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

STIFF

justbetter 06-29-2006 02:49 PM

Drip Tray

Dont go throwing stones Stiffy, you said you were picking up your own 911 , talk about drip tray...:(

Hey does that mean the Stuka has moved on or did the shopping trolly ( Stiffys Honda ) get an upgrade ?? ;)

BMK 06-29-2006 03:30 PM

Aaaaaah...... single, high income, residing in inner affluent Melbourne suburb.
Cafe set, Penfolds Grange wine, blackbook....Porsche 911..%/

Yeah it all goes together...:LOL:

Rebel1 06-29-2006 03:31 PM

Hey Stiffy, I thought it must have already had one, not by the drip tray tho. ;)

What gave it away to me was that CRANK Handle sticking out the front. :rolleyes: :)

BMK 06-29-2006 03:33 PM

Jason.

Sorry mate got distracted. The new project looks great. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Now wife about to have a baby in a few weeks.

Sounds like you and I need to go for a ride on the race bikes to get rid of all that unspent energy you have...**)..**)

jasonnichols 06-29-2006 08:10 PM

Mister Bernie

When are you down next?? for aride

This weekend is racing :rolleyes: so maybe next weekend??

stiffy 06-30-2006 12:31 AM

Tight As

Justbetter, 911's dont leak oil,they weap (official term)

The Girl Gold Pram is on the move.....

Rebel 1, Low compression motors only need a crank handle.

Bernie, All i need now is TRIPLE garage, even a double would do.... I am only poor sales person making ends meet....:LOL:

The BIGGER STIFF

boxhead 06-30-2006 08:14 PM

I thought the Bugatti may have the Alloy gen III because the front wheels have plenty of positive camber, once they put one of those blue boat anchors in the front end will be another 6 inches closer to the ground.

BMK 07-01-2006 01:37 AM

Jason,

Also racing this weekend. Just went on a 70k ride to warm up..:eek: Rain and wind it was pretty hard. Went with a couple of 'A' grade riders and they kept me moving.

My turn on the front saw the pace stay at 40kph..%/

Short fast race tomorrow with 30k distance.

Yes when I'm over next I bring the bike etc. Will ring prior.

Guess it's back to work on the Bugatti for you.

Bernie

NASSTY 07-01-2006 04:03 AM

Jason,

Why?:confused:

You have gone from a Cobra, Milano and now Bugatti in pieces.

Is this de-evolution? :)