Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Progress (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/71211-progress.html)

Mando 07-16-2006 07:26 PM

Progress

Dash is in, wiring is on the way and plumbing is 1/2 way there. Progress. When will it end?:o

Regards.

dbn04 07-16-2006 07:44 PM

looking good mando, one sweet motor you got there . and when does it end ?
it dont!:p

Kanga 07-16-2006 07:50 PM

Mando,

it would have to be one of the best I have seen and its not finished yet, as I said can't wait for you to finish it, good luck

I see that you have stayed with the commodore cooling fan, any reason did you do any comparisons, I just thought that it took up too much room.

Steve

Plums 07-16-2006 11:16 PM

That looks fantastic Mando! Can't wait to see the finished product...

GAV MILDURA 07-17-2006 02:22 AM

Looking great mate.
Your workmanship is a credit to you.
Gav

Tenrocca 07-17-2006 06:35 PM

That engine is a work of Art. unbelieveable. Real credit to you Mando. How did you get the rounded seamless finish on the footbox panels?

jdean 07-17-2006 07:00 PM

Man, that is like a piece of jewelry. It may seem like it is taking a long time but it is paying off in the results you have.

Mando 07-17-2006 07:48 PM

Kanga, I bought the fan shroud early in the build and went with it because it has an old look to it. It probably does look a little out of place in a high tech engine bay but I dont have much else to put in that area and Im happy with the look. I also had a header tank the same as you find on 427s, but had to loose it for the smaller fitting where the 4 water points enter and exit through the radiator hose with a cap on top. I couldnt make it work neatly with all the hoses and the original header tank.
Tenrocca, I bent the stainless sheets on a large press that had interchangeable sections to alter the finish to the corner being folded. The stainless cover sheets were laser cut. If anyone wants a copy of the program they could get them cut locally. Ive allowed for 6mm aluminium washers to go between the stainless and the fibreglass for an air gap.

Regards.

Beejay 07-30-2006 11:52 PM

Mando,

I have been looking at those stainless engine bay panels of yours again and I think I dribbled on my laptop!

Is there much welding involved? I have a feeling the only people down here who could do this are commercial kitchen makers????

Ben

Rebel1 07-31-2006 03:41 AM

That is blu$$y nice. :) :)

BMK 07-31-2006 04:55 AM

Whoaa Mando looking great

Bernie