Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2007, 03:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     
Default AU2 Falcon rear brakes For Sale

Hi Guys

Due to a rear brake component upgrade (I couldn't help myself) My AU2 XR8 IRS rear discs and calipers are surplus to requirements.

The discs are brand new never used, I've drilled them and chamfered the holes.

The calipers are rebuilt, polished, painted and come with new pads.

I'm asking $150 the lot as I'm just trying to recover some of the $$$ I spent on the new discs.

Cheers

Old 01-07-2007, 03:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Mike is that the phone I hear ringing. Seems good value to me.

Mmmm just started a new "Thread" for you...

KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 01-07-2007, 03:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I got a good deal on the replacement bits so I figures I could pass that along to who ever buys these bits.

Cheers

Old 01-07-2007, 11:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

G'Day Mike, been busy so I haven't posted in a while, did you do the territory conversion? Does that include the rotors and calipers, are they are bolt up fit, what size master are you running with it. just got my clutch sorted and it is much better and softer. Thinking of brakes next.

steve
Old 01-08-2007, 12:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Steve

I'm still messing with the Territory rears with the twin piston PBR calipers. I'll finish them after the car has been through rego as I'm running out of time.

In the mean time I picked up a set of BA Falcon premium package rear discs and calipers. These rotors are solid but the measure 300mm in diameter and are slotted. They have single piston calipers that are spaced out to suit the bigger rear rotors. The whole setup was a straight bolt up to the AU rear. It'll be a bit of an improvement on the AU2 setup.

I'll post a Pic.

Cheers

Old 01-08-2007, 02:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sounds good Mike I will have to try and catch up, I have found the brakes to be alright, in the current classic revival set up. Mind you it has only been street driving, too many nice nights of late in Melb not to get out and about. I don't know how they perform on the track however I will be changing pads soon which should change things. It can be a real black art good braking.

steve
Old 01-08-2007, 03:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Theses are the BA Falcon rear discs. I think these are what's installed standard on the GT Falcon.

The discs measure 300mm compared to 285 for the AU2 but that seems to be about the only difference.

I'm contemplating keeping the AU2 discs now and putting them in the cupboard. I'm thinking it might be good to have some brakes I could throw on if I get a pair of 15" rear rims with drag tyres. I'm not sure a 15" rim will fit over these.

Cheers

Old 01-08-2007, 03:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Mike
I read with interest the progress on your car WELL DONE
Back to an old thread are you still happy with your front HSV brake set up?. I have a set of 2006 400HP GTO Pontiac (VZ Monaro) dics and calipers which I intend to fit to a Cobra and was interested in your solution. I would also machine the hub.
Is it legal in Australia to machine the holes into the rotor and where do you get the hole pattern from?.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Unfortunately I can't comment on their performance as I haven't used them in anger yet. They should work fine, they pull up an 1800KG holden OK. They are significantly lighter than the Jag setup too.

I don't think the authorities will have a problem with re drilling the holes in the disc. If you wanted to change to a Ford pattern there's plenty of space to drill the new pattern in the 5 spaces between the original pattern. It's not reducing the strength of the piece.

The pattern for the holes was pretty straight forward. Modern Holden pattern has a PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter) of 120mm. When Holden went Metric they must have just taken the closest metric round number to their old standard 4 3/4" PCD (120.65mm). The Jag front runs 4 3/4" PCD. To make the discs fit I just machined each hole out a further 0.325mm to match the old pattern.

I used the rotary table on my mill and after drilling the first hole out just rotated the table 72 degrees to find the next hole (360/5). When mounted on the car the disc is centered over the spigot of the hub the wheel lugs just clamp the wheel on and provide the drive The disc is sandwiched between.

If you wanted to go with Ford pattern you would just machine a new set of holes with a the smaller Ford 4 1/2" PCD. I would have done this if I didn't already have my wheels.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Old 01-08-2007, 04:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry Mike
I thought I read you had drilled the cooling cross holes not the stud pattern holes. I take it that the AU already have cross drilled cooling holes then.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry for the confusion. I thought you were talking about the front discs.

Yes I did drill the cross drilling on the rear rotors as well. The standard rotors are just solid with no holes. The pattern is based on something I saw on a motorcycle disc. The layout of the holes is such that the whole are of the pad gets swept by the holes at some point. I believe it ensures the pads don't develop grooves.

Cheers

Old 01-12-2007, 04:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, Gen3 ls1, Vortech T-Trim, Motec, tremec M12, wilwood brakes.
Not Ranked     

Mike here is a pic of my special order dba rear territory discs

Old 01-12-2007, 05:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     
Default Territory discs

HI Craig,
Good looking discs, what do you mean by "special order"?

I was looking at getting a slotted set.

Phil
Old 01-12-2007, 02:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, Gen3 ls1, Vortech T-Trim, Motec, tremec M12, wilwood brakes.
Not Ranked     

Hi Phil
DBA dont list a sloted & cross drilled rear rotor for the Territory but a friend of mine manufactures components for them so he organised a one off set through his cantact at DBA.

PS how much did you pay for the M/T's

Cheers