Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   willowbank question? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/86125-willowbank-question.html)

dbn04 03-17-2008 05:55 PM

willowbank question?

just wondering how many if any of you without rollbars have done a few runs at willowbank raceway on there test and tune nights.
i know the regs but have you got away with it**)

400TT 03-17-2008 09:33 PM

Looks like the QLD gang are going out there this Friday night...weather permitting.

How fast do you think you will go? Getting into the 12's is a decent effort if you are using plain old street tyres.

I really don't know about roll bars as all the Cobras I have seen go, have at least had decorative roll bars fitted.

So a Cobra without any visible sign of roll bars could attract attention, but I expect it wouldn't.

I have never seen any extra requirements even for the Cobra's that have broke into the 11's at Willowbank.

Getting into the 10's, now that's a different story.

The regulars will know more about it than I would, see if any of them chime in.

dbn04 03-17-2008 11:01 PM

thanks, craig,
i would be a :LOL: man if it was in the 12s, but if it did under 12.99 i believe they send ya home and know more fun for me. i would like to give it a couple of runs just to see.

400TT 03-17-2008 11:52 PM

Personally I wouldn't worry about it.

Just give it a go. :D

Gav 03-18-2008 12:04 AM

I have run at the local 1/8 th mile and ran 8.0 @ 86 mph without concern from ANDRA.
I have a single hoop from one side to the other of the car, 4 point harnesses but no arm restraints or racing suit.
I was told by the meeting steward that as long as I wasn't faster than 7.0 they where not concerned.
7.0 over the eighth is no mean feat, it would equate to low 11's but after talking to a few others we could only assume that becuase the trap speed would not be anything like 1/4 mile and that it was a country track that they where being lenient.
Good luck and have fun.

macloft 03-18-2008 12:44 AM

So what (who) Cobras are going on Friday night. Sounds like a good reason to miss the footy.
Bruce

400TT 03-18-2008 01:13 AM

Depends on the weather, if it's good, I would expect the usual suspects - Pete, Ash, John, Warren, Wayne etc.

400TT 03-18-2008 02:31 AM

Just spoke to my brother, only need a roll bar at Willowbank once you run into the 10's.

Something to to aim for anyway. :)

acecob 03-18-2008 04:01 AM

If you are quicker than 11.99 at wsid with an open top car they send you home and tell you to come back with a full cage, Phil mizzi can vouch for that.

Why is it different up there craig, beats me %/

400TT 03-18-2008 04:40 AM

Yeah, it is surprising that the rules are different up here.

alffie 03-18-2008 09:45 AM

Has anyone been asked about the fiberglass firewalls in there cobras by ANDRA?

dbn04 03-18-2008 02:54 PM

thanks for the reply,s . i will give it a go (when its not #$%$ing raining!!!!)

Barker 03-18-2008 04:21 PM

Gee me up when you go Im still keen to test mine out, nowhere near the times your talking about though. :JEKYLHYDE haha

Dont laugh 2 hard just bought a R33 skyline.
drives ok quick and loves the corners.

catch you at the office.
Barker

Wazza 03-18-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecob (Post 825815)
If you are quicker than 11.99 at wsid with an open top car they send you home and tell you to come back with a full cage, Phil mizzi can vouch for that.

Why is it different up there craig, beats me %/

I think it's because we're tougher in Queensland.....not sure.

Any Bites ?

I'll be there Friday afternoon ( Gates open at 4 p.m.)

Hoping to get into 11's..

Only ever did it once on Street Tyres.....and it was DEEP into the elevens...

My theory was

11.999...only JUST into the elevens,
11.998....Virtually MID elevens
11.997..DEEEEEP into the elevens !!!!

Regards and Happy Easter to y'all,

Warren.

Plums 03-18-2008 08:06 PM

I've asked the question over here in WA (Kwinana) and was told that if I broke into the 12's I would be asked to leave. 13.00 was as fast as I could go with just the drivers side single hoop... If you have a single hoop covering the width of the vehicle (not just the drivers side), you may be allowed to run down to 11.00...

acecob 03-18-2008 09:36 PM

quick fix
If you run a chev you wont need any cage or bar

Any Bites :LOL::LOL::LOL:

schipps 03-18-2008 10:24 PM

Arruminium cans vs boat anchors...

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecob (Post 826078)
quick fix
If you run a chev you wont need any cage or bar

Any Bites :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I guess that means you will be leaving yours on the trailer, as I suppose that will be as fast as it will ever go...:3DSMILE::3DSMILE::3DSMILE:

:p

macloft 03-21-2008 10:07 PM

Well I went to Willowbank and had a great time. Saw all the Cobras have a go. Well done guys.
Certainly some very interesting cars there including a couple of very nice blown utes but my favourite had to be an old yellow (Toyota) van which ran mid twelves. It had no evidence of any go fast gear, an absolute sleeper (looked like the local painters van), just ask the red Cobra that ran beside it.
Bruce