Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Melbourne next week (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/88591-melbourne-next-week.html)

vanoochka 06-19-2008 06:01 PM

Melbourne next week

Are their any get togethers happening next week where I meet some local cc.com members and take al look at your cars? I'll be in Melbourne next week, through the weekend, and would try my best to juggle my schedule if there were an opportunity to do so.

Thanks,

Chuck

stephen low 06-19-2008 06:03 PM

Chuck

I am assuming you mean the weekend at the end of next week, cause sadly you miss a shed run tomorrow if that is the case! That would have been a great opportunity.

Cheers

Steve

vanoochka 06-19-2008 06:16 PM

Steve,

Yep, that's what I meant. I don't know what a shed run is, but maybe I can find out next time.

Chuck

stephen low 06-19-2008 06:26 PM

Chuck

Usually a get together at someone's house to look at their build, provide comments and drink their beer as the price for advice!!

In this case it will be at one of our Cobra manufacturer's work address to see his goodies and eat sausages at least!! Sounds like there will be a fair crowd attending too, so it would have been a great opportunity for you.

Cheers

Steve

sambo 06-19-2008 06:51 PM

Thanks for the reminder Slowy! What time is it happening again? Attending 3 birthday shindigs tonight so I may not be in top form tomorrow - will do my best though.

stephen low 06-19-2008 07:25 PM

Paul

11am start

How are your seats going?

Cheers

sambo 06-19-2008 08:03 PM

PM sent Slowy.

Back to the topic at hand - it's a shame you're not down for Wed 2nd July for the monthly club meeting - I hear the RSL does a mean steak!

vanoochka 06-19-2008 08:14 PM

sambo,

It looks like I'm catching a lull between events. I visit Melbourne a few times each year, so I'll give it another go and hope to meet up with you all next trip.

I'll have to settle for a Vlado's steak this trip.

Chuck

Aussie Mike 06-20-2008 12:37 AM

Where are you going to be in Melbourne? We can probably arange a few members to go out for a Beer and a Steak one night.

Cheers

vanoochka 06-20-2008 07:41 AM

Hi Mike,

A steak and a beer (or two) sounds good to me. Thanks for the offer. I'll be staying in Caulfield North, but spending my days in Southbank.

Chuck

OZCOBRA 06-27-2008 12:22 AM

G'day Chuck....Are you in Melbourne?.....when are you going back?

vanoochka 06-28-2008 12:31 AM

G'day OZ,

I am still hanging around Melbourne. We just returned from watching Carlton thrash Richmond, so it's a sad evening for us Tigers fans.

Tomorrow, we're playing 36 holes in the Yarra Valley and then it's back to the states on Monday.

Chuck

ac andy 06-28-2008 03:27 AM

Are you playing golf at Heritage?

Andy.

vanoochka 06-28-2008 03:30 AM

Yes, indeed.

ac andy 06-28-2008 03:40 AM

Pity i couldnt organise something earlier, Heritage is only about 10 minutes from my place. My car isnt here, but a pretty large Cobra memorabilia collection. Unfortunately i already have family commitments tomorrow. Maybe next time you are in Melbourne!

Andy.

vanoochka 06-28-2008 11:30 AM

Thanks Andy,

That's a beautiful area you live in - I'm envious. There must be some great roads to drive there.

It would be a pleasure to meet you and see the collection, so I'll give you a heads up on my next trip which will probably be in October.

Chuck

ac andy 06-29-2008 01:16 AM

No problems at all. Hope you enjoyed the golf. There was actually a blue left hand drive Cobra in Yarra Glen this morning, not sure who owns it.

Andy.