Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Craig, what are you doing??? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/89705-craig-what-you-doing.html)

stefanog 07-31-2008 12:16 AM

Craig, what are you doing???

Mr Craig White, what the he!! is your car doing in unique carsales? All that work you've done only to give it to someone else? :eek:

I am a little shocked but I'm sure the reason behind your decision to sell is a valid one.

Whoever buys this car sure is getting one of the best around! ;)

Good luck my friend.

Stef

400TT 07-31-2008 01:04 AM

Thanks mate for the kind words, it means a lot.

Not something I was planning on and my heart is definitely not in it as I'm quite attached to this Cobra. :(

But...with the RCR business going the way it is at the moment we just can't keep the Cobra.

So I finished all the improvements I was going to make and have put it up for sale...

sambo 07-31-2008 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 400TT (Post 865905)
But...with the RCR business going the way it is at the moment we just can't keep the Cobra.

Mate, I hope that means you're selling it to raise finances in order to meet demand! I've already half decided on my next project so I hope you're sticking around. ;)

Now how do I sell the missus on that front windscreen? It's the only sticking point so far - and you know who the financial controller is!

stephen low 07-31-2008 05:33 AM

Paul

Surely you had the foresight to raise a house loan with drawdown capability??

You don't need a windscreen yet, do your brake lines, fuel, get, the seats into a good position, pedals, column etc and wait till your really mortgaged to the hilt and then go get the screen!!

Steve

400TT 07-31-2008 06:35 AM

Sambo, RCR Australia is planning to be here long term. Lets just say that I have shown serious commitment and have total confidence in the product. Within the next few months we will have more than a dozen RCR kits either delivered or ready for delivery and that's just the beginning.

(unfortunately) The are lots of reasons to sell the Cobra. Yes it will free up some extra capital, but more importantly it will free up some garage space & I really need to have some RCR demo cars. I'm really taken by the SL-C & SL-R, maybe a LS7 powered SL-C for the street and a Mitsubishi Evo powered SL-R for the track.

schipps 07-31-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 400TT (Post 865960)
(unfortunately) The are lots of reasons to sell the Cobra. Yes it will free up some extra capital, but more importantly it will free up some garage space & I really need to have some RCR demo cars. I'm really taken by the SL-C & SL-R, maybe a LS7 powered SL-C for the street and a Mitsubishi Evo powered SL-R for the track.

Craig,

I am willing to help you out here and offer my garage for as many RCR's that you can send... Lets call it the Bundaberg , Regional Qld outlet of RCR...;)

I know, I know, it's the least I can do to help a friend...:3DSMILE::3DSMILE:

Mick

sambo 07-31-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephen low (Post 865944)
You don't need a windscreen yet, do your brake lines, fuel, get, the seats into a good position, pedals, column etc and wait till your really mortgaged to the hilt and then go get the screen!!

Slowy, I was referring to the windscreen on the RCR Superlite Coupe. A little bit of an extreme look to sell to the missus! ;)

400TT 07-31-2008 03:21 PM

Schipps, I can't believe you would put yourself out like that. Any preference for which vehicles and which colours. :D Actually I might already have an RCR heading up north.

Sambo, well the SL-C is an extreme vehicle and the curve on that windscreen is a fine piece of engineering in my books. For people not wanting the pure Supercar look, there are already plans for a sports car style body as well. And there is the Le Mans version, open top. Personally I prefer the Supercar look and luckily my wife loves it, the SL-C is her personal favourite. Now do I go petrol or electric for the SL-C???

Sambo, maybe when your missus see's it in the flesh, gets to sit in it, she will be a convert.

sambo 07-31-2008 04:05 PM

Craig, you're right - and we're at least a few years off the next project so I've got plenty of time to wear her down. :)

Is anyone in Melbourne taking delivery of a Superlite in the near future?

400TT 07-31-2008 04:25 PM

We've only got the one SL-C that is on it's way over and it's already been purchased by a local customer. We have more SL-C's pre-ordered. Nothing definite for Melbourne yet, but I expect it won't be long.

stiffy 07-31-2008 05:12 PM

Gt40

I am looking at the next project (GT40 or an XC Coupe) ....

Craig,

I would be happy to be your Victorian chapter representative (no charge) so long as you paint it Blue/white to match the others.....:LOL:

STIFFY

400TT 07-31-2008 05:38 PM

No problem Stiffy, we wouldn't want colours to clash would we. :D

boxhead 07-31-2008 08:16 PM

Do you need an NT rep?

400TT 07-31-2008 09:27 PM

Thanks Boxhead for the offer. Looks like storage isn't the issue I thought it would be. :D

BMK 08-03-2008 12:51 AM

400TT

Craig,

Sorry mate to busy to be your rep or to store cars - look after them yourself..:LOL:

400TT 08-03-2008 01:49 AM

Bernie, I understand, but I thought your GT40 could do with some new stable mates. :D

BMK 08-03-2008 04:11 AM

400TT

Craig,

You are starting to sound like a car salesman. Fran indocrination is working..:LOL:

400TT 08-03-2008 10:10 PM

I’ve been completely indoctrinated. :D