Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Boot Trimming (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/96872-boot-trimming.html)

Beejay 05-11-2009 04:35 AM

Boot Trimming

Greg (LS1 AC Cobra - The Knight Rider) asked me to throw up some photos of his just finished boot trimming.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d.../gregboot1.jpg
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d.../gregboot2.jpg

Looks really good, I had better pull my finger out and finish mine soon too!

Ben

Philm 05-11-2009 03:38 PM

Looking fine Greg.

boxhead 05-11-2009 06:08 PM

No room for golf clubs now.

ls1 Ac Cobra 05-16-2009 01:58 AM

Thanks Phil and Boxhead really why would you play golf when you could drive your cobra instead of driving a white ball then walking after it?:LOL:;)

boxhead 05-17-2009 06:47 PM

I agree with you 100%, but until mine is registered I will play golf :)

Looks great by the way.

Merv and Sharon 05-17-2009 08:01 PM

Hey Boxhead, do the guys from Mt Isa and Tennant Creek still drive down there for golf competitions?

Merv

Rebel1 05-17-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls1 Ac Cobra (Post 949653)
Thanks Phil and Boxhead really why would you play golf when you could drive your cobra instead of driving a white ball then walking after it?:LOL:;)

I must say that I agree. I have never been bitten by the golfing bug.

I find it utterly futile to hit a little white ball as hard as you can .... and then have to go find it. :eek:

Stupid game. ;)

Aussie Mike 05-17-2009 10:38 PM

I agree. When I hit something I want it to stay hit. Clamp the little bugger in the vice and give it a few wallops with a dead blow hammer.

boxhead 05-18-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon (Post 950061)
Hey Boxhead, do the guys from Mt Isa and Tennant Creek still drive down there for golf competitions?

Merv

The removing of open speed limits has curtailed this a fair bit, The keen ones still head down this way for Open comps and NT title comps but that is about it really.

Same with long weekends to Darwin, with no speed limits you could leave home at day break and be in Darwin before dusk (less chance of wildlife) but now it can not be done (1500kls each way).
I know many people who would leave Alice at 6am Friday, be in Darwin and be drinking at the night clubs that night, Do some shopping on Saturday, party Sat night then drive home Sunday, Be home before dark.

boxhead 05-18-2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebel1 (Post 950080)
I must say that I agree. I have never been bitten by the golfing bug.

I find it utterly futile to hit a little white ball as hard as you can .... and then have to go find it. :eek:

Stupid game. ;)

The trick Les, is not having to search to find it, but to hit it straight and to be confident that you know where it is.

boxhead 05-18-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Mike (Post 950083)
I agree. When I hit something I want it to stay hit. Clamp the little bugger in the vice and give it a few wallops with a dead blow hammer.

Trust me, when you miss the easy birdy putt on one hole, there is still plenty of steam coming from your ears to hit it and make it stay hit on the next tee. :JEKYLHYDE

Merv and Sharon 05-18-2009 03:21 AM

Golf is not just a game - it is a faith system. It takes intelligence, athleticism, commitment and prayer. :cool:

One never masters golf, but on those rare days when you play it well ... you wonder why it is so easy.

ls1 Ac Cobra 05-18-2009 06:22 AM

Yes Merv and Sharon
Driving a cobra is not a game-it is a faith system.It takes intelligence,athleticism,commitment and prayer.
One never masters a Cobra,but on those rare days when you drive it well... you wonder why it is so easy.

Merv and Sharon 05-18-2009 02:18 PM

Ha! You spotted the obvious parallel!

Merv