Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Whos Hot for the nats this year. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/98755-whos-hot-nats-year.html)

spookypt 08-25-2009 04:02 PM

#

I dunno much about turbos but due to Scotty and my lack of time we haven't really had a chance to change much from last year.......... :D:D :D

Tenrocca 08-25-2009 05:23 PM

Hardly worth coming then Spook - you guys were rubbish last year and not sure if you would want to serve up more of the same. ;)

spookypt 08-25-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenrocca (Post 977774)
Hardly worth coming then Spook - you guys were rubbish last year and not sure if you would want to serve up more of the same. ;)

I'm sure I'm repeating myself.....but in any case...

WHATEVER! :LOL:

OZVENOM 08-26-2009 02:17 AM

rubbish hey.

I do remember getting a trophy for the fastest non ford powers cobra. i mean if all those so power full darksiders cant beat a 242ci rice burner what hope do you have.

And he waits then there it goes the reel starts screaming like a banshee wait for a second or 2 and flip the free spool over and he's hooked a big one. its 550lbs of horse sh!#.:LOL:.
not long now.

Tenrocca 08-26-2009 04:54 AM

I think they forgot to read off the times for the 4 LS cobras that were faster when working out that throphy last year. :D

But Scotty, if you think you were fast thats all that matters :)

Towmaster 08-26-2009 06:12 AM

Excellent fishing guys! I love reading this stuff! I just got my 'race tyres' put on my street wheels in readiness for the Nats. Gunna get a wheel alignment this year too, can't take too many risks with the southerners getting all this practice in. Getting close now! Only 19 days to go.... oops forgot... that's my wedding.... Damn it.. LOL

Wazza 08-26-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towmaster (Post 977915)
Excellent fishing guys! I love reading this stuff! I just got my 'race tyres' put on my street wheels in readiness for the Nats. Gunna get a wheel alignment this year too, can't take too many risks with the southerners getting all this practice in. Getting close now! Only 19 days to go.... oops forgot... that's my wedding.... Damn it.. LOL

You're quite right Towmaster.....

It must be very exiting for you, and not long to wait until you enter again this year, and then.....

The Show and Shine....:D
The Go to Whoa........
The Hot Laps.....
Trying not to blow :CRY::CRY:....your engine...
Hoping you don't get a puncture...:eek::eek:
And ...of course......always trying to better your previous time...

AND....you're ALSO looking forward to taking part in THE NATIONALS !!!!:LOL::LOL:

Hope your wedding goes as well as your Nationals...

All the best...
Warren.

spookypt 08-26-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenrocca (Post 977897)
I think they forgot to read off the times for the 4 LS cobras that were faster when working out that throphy last year. :D

But Scotty, if you think you were fast thats all that matters :)

Scotty I do believe you're right! The 07 Venom Race Cobra was awrded the trophy for the fastest NON FORD POWERED COBRA at the event.... so that seems to indicate the LS powered jalopies were not quite up to the task......

Ole Roccy is drinking his bath water..... as usual! :D

Tenrocca 08-26-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookypt (Post 978076)
Scotty I do believe you're right! The 07 Venom Race Cobra was awrded the trophy for the fastest NON FORD POWERED COBRA at the event.... so that seems to indicate the LS powered jalopies were not quite up to the task......

Ole Roccy is drinking his bath water..... as usual! :D

Only if the bath is filled with with boags premium Spook :D

Now Im not saying you didnt get the trophy, but you may want to visit natsoft and check the times for Leeroy and the missus, PhilN, DarrenN etc. Our very ford biased pres had his blue (or anti red?) tinted glasses on that night I think. :)

richardferguson 08-26-2009 11:18 PM

Take it off 'em (the trophy for starters) I say.
Andrew, you've out-spooked the spook!

spookypt 08-27-2009 12:05 AM

You've lost me....! (But that isn't all that hard to do).... I'm assuming your saying chevy guys got lost in the ford haize and perhaps were faster than the trophy list inferred...

Whatever it is you're saying... You guys are hard to understand at the best of times..... Lets just look forward and see how much lead you have in your little pencils this year....!

Remember.... a chevy engined jalopy needs to beat a 1.02.... Arh Qlder from memory...yellow car.... FORD powered!
You can refer to the natsoft results yourself if you want to refresh the memory!

Philm 08-27-2009 12:56 AM

Its all about having fun.

I am sorry Andrew, I didn't think to consider the Chevy powered Cobras, must be just instinct.

I will take you back to how I was introduced to the trophy in question. It was mounted on the front of some beige colour 1/2 cobra with it chewing on a ford badge. A deliberate attack on my full cobra.

I must admit I totally enjoyed the controversy it caused awarding it to Scott and Matt.

Toyota, not a ford but better than chev.

Phil

Wazza 08-27-2009 01:37 AM

You've lost me....! (But that isn't all that hard to do).... I'm assuming your saying chevy guys got lost in the ford haize and perhaps were faster than the trophy list inferred... SPOOKYPT

Hey Spook....
OUCH!! How did you walk into that....
Check the times on the attached list....
The Beast with the Toyota donk is a long way down the list !!!
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2008.WAKE.CS1

Maybe this year!!

Cheers,
Warren,

One each way ...... Chevy LS7 and Old school 302 Windsor.

boxhead 08-27-2009 02:53 AM

And what a beautiful trophy it is, Tell me Spook, have you fitted it to the front of yours?
The 2 mounting holes will line up with the Cobra badge supplied by finishline.

And Prez, whats this business about a Beige Half Cobra. :)

spookypt 08-27-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wazza (Post 978201)
You've lost me....! (But that isn't all that hard to do).... I'm assuming your saying chevy guys got lost in the ford haize and perhaps were faster than the trophy list inferred... SPOOKYPT

Hey Spook....
OUCH!! How did you walk into that....
Check the times on the attached list....
The Beast with the Toyota donk is a long way down the list !!!
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2008.WAKE.CS1

Maybe this year!!

Cheers,
Warren,

One each way ...... Chevy LS7 and Old school 302 Windsor.

EASY WAZ.... I got no idea what engines other guys have! I just like racen!

Ooops.. I walked into again didnlt I!:D

boxhead 09-09-2009 10:21 PM

Where has all the trash talk gone?

Since I wont be there I suppose I can try to wind a few guys up.

OzVenom, Spook and Gav.
I have found this after market accessory that you guys might like?
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=22

spookypt 09-10-2009 12:14 AM

Disp!

Hey Boxy your "ass"uming that we are still running an auto this year????

:3DSMILE:

boxhead 09-10-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookypt (Post 982037)
Hey Boxy your "ass"uming that we are still running an auto this year????

:3DSMILE:

That is true Spook, after the way you guys were talking up the auto I "ASS"umed it would have stayed.

spookypt 09-10-2009 04:59 PM

Boxie..... your going to miss out seeing what we've done!!! Which isnt all that much really!

boxhead 09-10-2009 05:32 PM

Yep, the sad truth is I will not be at the Nationals this year, would have loved to have been there to point and laugh but decided to keep the pennies in the pocket and get other things done.

So just how many trophies are going to be heading Victoria's way (I am after all a Vic member so have to show support that way).
You QLD mob are all too slow :p :JEKYLHYDE