Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/b-b-cobras-speak-bryan-anderson/)
-   -   bolting seat in (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/b-b-cobras-speak-bryan-anderson/134481-bolting-seat.html)

ndpace 08-25-2015 05:25 PM

bolting seat in

I am looking to bolt the B&B seats into the car. I looked under the car and all I see is a flat plate, no frame rails. Do I just put a bolt through the seat bottom and metal floor?
If you have pictures please share
Thanks, Jim

lnfletcher 08-26-2015 06:33 AM

There should be a plate on top of the frame rails for the seat mount.
I threaded the plate and bolted through the seat bottom into the plate.
No need to go under the car.

Dwight 08-26-2015 06:47 AM

you can use self tappers

ndpace 09-02-2015 09:58 AM

my carpet is already installed and glued down so I cant see the floor. How can I hit the frame? does anyone have measurements I can use or a picture of the B&B seat installed without the bottom cushion in it?
Thanks, Jim

Dwight 09-02-2015 03:07 PM

Do you have two metal rails like this 2002 B&B that the seat mounts to?

If so you position the seat where you want it and measure (or guess) where to drill thru the figerglass seat bucket so you hit the metal rails.
In this 2002 model the metal rail is about and inch above the floor. I was able to use 1/4" bolts and put the nut under the rail. I did have to use tape to hold the nut onto the open end wrench till I got the bolt started.
On the back two I used self tappers. I did use fender washers on all four.
Sometime you can pull the carpet up and re glue it later.
Dwight

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d..._12_resize.jpg

ndpace 09-02-2015 09:07 PM

Dwight, thanks much for the picture. those rails are on top of the carpet right?
then what do the metal rails attache to?
does the one closest to the door have a leg on it to make the step down to the floor?
I got the car half done and dont see anything like that in the car. I wonder if I didnt get them.
thanks, Jim

Dwight 09-03-2015 04:52 AM

the rails are made of flat stock with 90 degree bends on each end. They are welded to the floor.
I think this car was built by a shop in Az and maybe it's their way of installing a seat in a B&B.
Can you take pictures of your seating area and we'll see if we can help you design a way to mount your seats.

Dwight

indianamoon 09-03-2015 09:24 AM

Seat rails.

My B&B has nuts welded to the frame and each seat has two rails maybe 5/8 square that run left to right and bolt down to the frame. The seats in turn sit on top of and bolt to these rails, which re tapped. Everything looks pretty factory, but who knows. If you are in need of something made up, let me know, the machine shop is open for business.