Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   Thanks to Jerry at SunCoast (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/105090-thanks-jerry-suncoast.html)

henrik 06-16-2010 12:20 PM

Thanks to Jerry at SunCoast

5 Attachment(s)
Jerry and his team has done an excellent job on 602... :)

I will let the pictures speak for them self:

Cashburn 06-16-2010 02:20 PM

Looks good, but don't you have it by now?

Rwillia4 06-16-2010 11:15 PM

awesome color and engine combo.

Cashburn 06-17-2010 04:40 AM

What do all those switches on the dash do? Hydraulic suspension?

cbreez 06-17-2010 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashburn (Post 1058834)
Looks good, but don't you have it by now?

It figures that Cashburn would make a dig regarding a car he didn't sell...it's his forum.

MOTORHEAD 06-17-2010 05:52 AM

Cashburn: the additional switches are for : Heater, seat heaters, pusher fans. The red "guarded" sw is for the fuel pump. Not shown is the power steering. The long wait time for this build was due to the wait for the DynaFormance injection system polishing option, and a nightmare ordeal getting some "E" brake parts from a vendor we will not mention! The DynaFormance Throttle bodies look EXACTLY like webers, and the system performs impressivley !!! We are running Accel electronics with their dual sync dizzy, so that the system operates in sequential mode, but that required a slight modification on the 351W intake due to the configuration of the dizzy.
The car was on the Dyno yesterday for final tuning, then an alignment check, then off to Henrix, who I'm sure will be very pleased !

xena2006 06-17-2010 06:20 AM

The guy you should probably thank is Ted Radtke. He is the guy who puts these cars together. He is a detail oriented guy who pays attention to the slightest details on each build. He will also help you out an any future issues. Jerry is a good guy too. My #670 with a 347 stroker has been flawless. Ron

MOTORHEAD 06-17-2010 08:20 AM

Ron: thanks for the kind words ! Ron has the Ford Motorsports Boss 302 4 bolt main stroked to 347 thats rated at 450 hp @ 6000rpm!!!!!!! That's 20 more HP than their 392ci motor!!! I loved that combo, It's a perfectly balanced car that loves to rev!! Hope you're having fun with it !
Ted

xena2006 06-17-2010 05:29 PM

Ted, Only problem was changing the 6000 rpm plug out of the MSD box and replacing it with a 6700 plug. I kept hitting the rev limiter even on routine trips to the grocery store. There are several unhappy Vette owners in N. Georgia who have been bitten by the snake. Ron

cbreez 06-17-2010 06:08 PM

Good Looking piece. See you on the Skyway!

madmaxx 06-17-2010 06:33 PM

That is gorgeous!!!! Love the polished look, keep it DRY!!!!!!!!!!!

Cashburn 06-17-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOTORHEAD (Post 1058969)
Cashburn: the additional switches are for : Heater, seat heaters, pusher fans. The red "guarded" sw is for the fuel pump. Not shown is the power steering. The long wait time for this build was due to the wait for the DynaFormance injection system polishing option, and a nightmare ordeal getting some "E" brake parts from a vendor we will not mention! The DynaFormance Throttle bodies look EXACTLY like webers, and the system performs impressivley !!! We are running Accel electronics with their dual sync dizzy, so that the system operates in sequential mode, but that required a slight modification on the 351W intake due to the configuration of the dizzy.
The car was on the Dyno yesterday for final tuning, then an alignment check, then off to Henrix, who I'm sure will be very pleased !

Lot of work, explains the time. I've heard that system is not ready for primetime and have been reluctant to make the leap with it. Looks like you found it out first hand.

Cbizkit ... **)

henrik 06-18-2010 11:02 AM

:) Yes, I know Ted has been doing most of the work on 602 - no disrespect ment to Ted, but It is Jerrys shop / Jerry I have been talking to - hence "Jerry and his team"

I think doing business with Jerry (and Ted;) ) has been 100% positive! Trusting a person/shop across the Ocean with a baby like this (not to forget a total of $ 55.000) demands a lot - I have felt 100% in capable hands all the way, and the discussions on choices and details have been very fruitfull.

And yes - The list of "upgrades" ended up beeing VERY long :LOL:
- Power steering
- smaller bell housing
- Heated seats
- Heater
- Front fans
- new curved braided hoses
- removeble steering wheel hub
- relocation of all switches
- dual remote oil filters
- new pully
- new steeda shifter
- hand brake
- and the Dynaforce polished 8 stack with all the extras
- +++ (sure I forgot several things)

All in all - I got even more than I could have dreamed of :D

And Yes - this baby will never see rain or even a cloud...

Look - you can't even see that it is not "original" but mounted on a one year old car... again THANKS

madmaxx 06-18-2010 05:57 PM

When I say keep it dry I am not talking about rain, I assume you would never drive in the rain. I am talking about sweat. If you sweat and a drop gets on your polished stuff and is not immediately wiped away it will pit. You will become a very good customer of Mothers!!!

henrik 06-19-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmaxx (Post 1059353)
When I say keep it dry I am not talking about rain, I assume you would never drive in the rain. I am talking about sweat. If you sweat and a drop gets on your polished stuff and is not immediately wiped away it will pit. You will become a very good customer of Mothers!!!

**) right.. my whife has allready asked me why I plan to spend 1 hour a day in the garage :rolleyes: :LOL:

rpatton3 06-18-2012 12:12 PM

Will you send me a pm on the dual from fan installation.
Photos, too.

I am jealous!

rpatton3 06-18-2012 12:24 PM

Wish list configuration

I would like a pm of front fan installation.

Thanks!

Russell