Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   Spare tire (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/129828-spare-tire.html)

Rbmack5 07-25-2014 08:28 PM

Spare tire

Does anyone carry a spare tire ? This sounds stupid but is there a donut type spare that could go 50 miles or so ?

Hrdayz 07-26-2014 09:55 AM

I wonder if that would be possible with the staggered tire sizes?

Grey 65 07-26-2014 10:03 AM

Just carry two cans of fix a flat.....

Kevin.....

Cobrajames 07-26-2014 12:44 PM

Ditto on the Fix-a-Flat or you can check with Cobra Restorers to see if they can fix one up like this for your car.

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....Z5Z5Z50000027b

cbreez 07-26-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rbmack5 (Post 1311691)
This sounds stupid

Correct!!! Ding, ding, ding!!!! :rolleyes:

Forgive me but these forum questions are getting ridiculous...car washing, going out in the rain, what brand of oil to use, etc...
These are only replica fiberglass kit cars that are assembled by others with all just bolt-on stuff...nothing special or unique. Does one need a recommendation for everything or can one think for themselves?
Sign off for awhile...

Dwight 07-26-2014 05:01 PM

I have two cans of flat fix in the trunk for 12 years (41,000 miles).
I need to check them to see if they are good.:)

Dwight

Cobrajames 07-26-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbreez (Post 1311798)
Correct!!! Ding, ding, ding!!!! :rolleyes:

Forgive me but these forum questions are getting ridiculous...car washing, going out in the rain, what brand of oil to use, etc...
These are only replica fiberglass kit cars that are assembled by others with all just bolt-on stuff...nothing special or unique. Does one need a recommendation for everything or can one think for themselves?
Sign off for awhile...

Cbreez,
I kind of thought that one of the reasons for being involved in this forum was to be able to ask questions or ask for help from other members to get reasonable advise or suggestions. Members knowledge and capabilities vary tremendously and only improve with help from other knowledgable forum members. Maybe you could try to be one of the helpful ones or just take your own final advise.:)

vatdevil 07-27-2014 03:16 AM

I sometimes carry a front spare, which would also work for the rear as I have no front/rear stagger. Fits nicely in SPF trunk. Also carry several fix a flat cans. What about a jack? Anyone have a suggestion?

Mark IV 07-27-2014 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vatdevil (Post 1311865)
I sometimes carry a front spare, which would also work for the rear as I have no front/rear stagger. Fits nicely in SPF trunk. Also carry several fix a flat cans. What about a jack? Anyone have a suggestion?

While that works, the staggered sizes will burn out the LSD is a short distance! The differing diameters will overheat the clutch pack in short order and cost a LOT more than a tow!

cbreez 07-27-2014 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobrajames (Post 1311854)
Cbreez,
I kind of thought that one of the reasons for being involved in this forum was to be able to ask questions or ask for help from other members to get reasonable advise or suggestions. Members knowledge and capabilities vary tremendously and only improve with help from other knowledgable forum members. Maybe you could try to be one of the helpful ones or just take your own final advise.:)

the word is advice... :)

*13* 07-27-2014 06:46 AM

I have a skinny spare that Phil (pse) made for me. Has something like a VW tire on it. Not a stupid question.

slider701 07-27-2014 08:38 AM

Tire Rack sells the Continental tire inflator kit that was used on the 2007 and up GT500 and I think Ford GT:

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/...nce+and+Safety

It can be used as compressor or to add fix-a-flat and then fill tire

vatdevil 07-27-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark IV (Post 1311868)
While that works, the staggered sizes will burn out the LSD is a short distance! The differing diameters will overheat the clutch pack in short order and cost a LOT more than a tow!

I run same height tire front and rear .....and a mechanical TrueTrac. But an LSD run a short distance with different height tires shouldn't hurt it.

Grey 65 07-27-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobrajames (Post 1311854)
Cbreez,

Cobra James,

Don't pay Cbreez any mind, if you read his posts you will quickly come to the conclusion that he has no friends or life and exists solely to make other peoples lives miserable.

Kevin.....

Jaydee 07-28-2014 03:06 AM

The only problem with fix a flat is if you hit something and slash the sidewall. Fix a flat is messy stuff. If you know where the leak is, you could plug it. I'll be getting a skinny space saver tyre, with 2 stud patterns. My front and rear pattern is different. Just make sure your rear tyre fits in the boot [trunk]
JD

Rwillia4 08-06-2014 08:15 AM

I carry a plug kit and spare air (not fix a flat). The other thing is a AAA card with free towing just in case it is worse then a tire.
Fix a flat is messy stuff that really sucks when you take the old tire off and it dumps sticky, gooey stuff all over your nice rim.

Cbreez is a grump just ignore him ...I can't figure out why he still checks this site he is never happy.

kevins2 08-06-2014 08:53 AM

I carry a tire plug kit and a 12v compressor. Also have a jack if needed. Finding a small leak to plug is easier with some soapy water in a spray bottle so I have a small one in the trunk. So far, no flat but I've used the soapy water several times to clean bugs off the windshield. Hate looking through bug guts.

MOTORHEAD 08-06-2014 09:28 AM

For staggered cars, carry the rear size, which can be used for the front in a pinch since they rotate independently . For a jack, I would use a scissors jack with long folding crank, use it under suspension as opposed to frame where possible.