Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   BDR getting updated this winter. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/131819-bdr-getting-updated-winter.html)

vref120 12-05-2014 12:34 AM

BDR getting updated this winter.

4 Attachment(s)
Well, I've decided to update the Cobra this winter. Out with the KeithCraft 408, and having them build me a Dart block 427. I'm excited to get it, but not as much as my daughter. She wants her car back in order pronto. Thanks again to Keith and Lance at Keithcraft for taking care of all this and making this happen. Having pieces of the car in the house has made the wife, should I say, a little annoyed.:3DSMILE:

Anybody else running the SBF 427 in their car? I'm curious on your thoughts.

Grey 65 12-05-2014 03:54 AM

Might I ask what drove you to replace the 408 with a 427?

Kevin.....

lovehamr 12-05-2014 06:40 AM

Small block!? Small block!?

Just kidding. ;-)

Looks like you have small person power!

jhv48 12-05-2014 07:18 AM

I've had two sbf 427's. You'll love it.
Make sure your sidepipes are at least 2 1/2" Inside diameter or you'll be choking it.

itstock 12-05-2014 01:25 PM

I have zero complaints about mine! 480rwhp on 93, sounds fantastic, and drives great. Why the 408-427? Was the 408 just old and it was time for something new?

NEWBD 12-05-2014 06:36 PM

So this is what you have been up to. Good for you. Have the exhaust opened up well you're at it.
the little one reminds me of mine at that age

vref120 12-05-2014 08:08 PM

:3DSMILE:Well I needed to pull the engine this winter for some work I was going to send to Keithcraft, but the opportunity came about after the engine was at their shop and Lance/Keith gave me the option. I wasn't planning on it, but jumped on it after talking to many of my local Cobra buds (thanks Clois). It's only money right?:3DSMILE:

The exhaust diameter is interesting. I know many guys run the SBF 427 with the standard pipes from Backdraft and never heard of this like most stuff.

Cashburn 12-05-2014 08:13 PM

Stock BDR pipes on that car we just posted the dyno video of ;)

vref120 12-05-2014 08:42 PM

I'll look it up on your sight. Thanks for fixing the link this morning BTW, ordered it.