Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   Need new wide seats ASAP. Anyone have a set for sale? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/133260-need-new-wide-seats-asap-anyone-have-set-sale.html)

Late Apex 05-17-2015 01:27 PM

Need new wide seats ASAP. Anyone have a set for sale?

Im getting a huge run around by Backdraft in Florida about getting a set of wide seats for my Backdraft roadster and cannot take delivery until I get them. My dealer is on it also but thought I would reach out here to see if anyone knows where I can get a NEW set of factory (not aftermarket) WIDE seats preferably in black but will buy any color. I need a set ASAP. Thanks for any leads.

Grey 65 05-17-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Late Apex (Post 1348795)
Im getting a huge run around by Backdraft in Florida about getting a set of wide seats for my Backdraft roadster and cannot take delivery until I get them. My dealer is on it also but thought I would reach out here to see if anyone knows where I can get a NEW set of factory (not aftermarket) WIDE seats preferably in black but will buy any color. I need a set ASAP. Thanks for any leads.

Sorry can't help you with the seats, but wanted to let you know this is the standard "Modus Operandi" from Boynton Beach. You need to try and plan ahead when you have to get something from Boynton Beach. You need to quadruple the amount of time it would take from any other business.

Kevin....

Cashburn 05-17-2015 04:02 PM

We can mod your seat for room. Takes about 2 weeks.

Late Apex 05-17-2015 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey 65 (Post 1348814)
Sorry can't help you with the seats, but wanted to let you know this is the standard "Modus Operandi" from Boynton Beach. You need to try and plan ahead when you have to get something from Boynton Beach. You need to quadruple the amount of time it would take from any other business.

Kevin....

I have found this to be very true and NOT a way to run a business.

Late Apex 05-17-2015 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashburn (Post 1348817)
We can mod your seat for room. Takes about 2 weeks.

Good info and I will call you first thing in the morning for details. Thanks.

lovehamr 05-27-2015 06:17 AM

As a larger dude myself I can tell you that the "wide" seats from BDR don't mean jack. The back where it curves around you is the same as any other BDR seat. Only the seat front is made less than an inch wider than other seats. They took my wrecked #687 back in partial trade for the one I have now and it went back to Boynton with the "wide" driver's seat in red. They probably have parted that car out by now and may not even know that it is a wide seat so you might want to hit them up for that.

Of course Jay is your best bet for a seat that actually is wider.

Hope that helps, Steve

Cashburn 05-27-2015 11:01 AM

Never heard from you, so I assume it's been resolved with a new seat or you've been sweating it off...

Late Apex 05-27-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovehamr (Post 1350104)
As a larger dude myself I can tell you that the "wide" seats from BDR don't mean jack. The back where it curves around you is the same as any other BDR seat. Only the seat front is made less than an inch wider than other seats. They took my wrecked #687 back in partial trade for the one I have now and it went back to Boynton with the "wide" driver's seat in red. They probably have parted that car out by now and may not even know that it is a wide seat so you might want to hit them up for that.

Of course Jay is your best bet for a seat that actually is wider.

Hope that helps, Steve

Great info here and since BDR jacked me around my dealer has the seats almost done by a local fiberglass guy that widened them at the bottom and a leather upholstery shop is doing the rest. The seats will be about 1 1/2 inch wider at the bottom where I needed it. When I sat in the stock seats, the bottom was too narrow and was very uncomfortable on my hips. Thanks