Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   Engine shot (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/137810-engine-shot.html)

Winchester67 01-11-2017 08:06 AM

Engine shot

1 Attachment(s)
Just got an "old school" air cleaner for the Backdraft. The mounting screw was too long, so there is a socket spacer for now. Just thought I would point that out before someone else did! I will be cutting it to correct length. Remember when you are doing this to thread a bolt on below the cut. Make the cut, clean it up with a file, then unscrew the bolt. If you have a crooked thread, that will generally straighten it up and make the wing nut slide right on.

1795 01-11-2017 08:30 AM

Looks nice. Tell us a little more about the build.

Ozzie Goat 01-11-2017 08:33 AM

That's hilarious
I thought you were saying your engine was SHOT

Zeke 01-11-2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzie Goat (Post 1413014)
That's hilarious
I thought you were saying your engine was SHOT

^^same here^^ :confused:

Winchester67 01-11-2017 09:21 AM

Yeah, I didn't mean it was shot! But I suspect that would build traffic...nobody wants to be that guy, but everyone tunes in to see what happened to an engine when everything goes wrong.

Ozzie Goat 01-11-2017 09:23 AM

I just did not want to see a fellow BDR in despair
WHEW

keezling 01-11-2017 09:34 AM

Blowing up the picture looking for the bullet hole...

Ozzie Goat 01-11-2017 05:19 PM

It's click bait
I KNOW and I keep falling for it.

Winchester67 01-12-2017 07:54 AM

As for the build details, it is .30 over 302 with a Trick Flow cam, .574 lift with roller rockers. AFR 185 heads with heavy duty springs for the cam. Stock rods (well, ARP rod bolts) and stock crank. Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake with a Holley Double Pumper carb. MSD Pro billet distributor with steel distributor gear. MSD 6AL ignition with MSD Master Blaster coil. Tremec 5 speed with aluminum bell housing and a King Cobra clutch. With the 3.91 rear it is a very streetable car. Plenty of moxie without being so hair trigger my wife won't drive it. (she is not a "car girl" but does insist her daily driver has a manual transmission. Honda Civic Si with a 6 speed manual is actually a pretty fun car to drive around as a grocery getter) I didn't build the car, but got it with under 5,000 miles on it as a 50th Birthday present. It is a hoot!