Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   Backdraft Racing passenger roll bar and mirror (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/139641-backdraft-racing-passenger-roll-bar-mirror.html)

Pastormajorquin 11-10-2017 02:25 PM

Backdraft Racing passenger roll bar and mirror

Hello!
I own a bdr cobra with black edition and want to add a passenger roll bar and passenger mirror in black! Does anybody know, where I can get a black roll bar and mirror? On backdraft parts, there are onky chrome ones!
Thanks for information

Grey 65 11-11-2017 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastormajorquin (Post 1432673)
Hello!
I own a bdr cobra with black edition and want to add a passenger roll bar and passenger mirror in black! Does anybody know, where I can get a black roll bar and mirror? On backdraft parts, there are onky chrome ones!
Thanks for information

Powercoating is your friend. Your current rollbar and drivers side mirror were not black when they arrived from S.A.

jeffnolan 11-12-2017 05:34 PM

I’m more interested in the process for adding the rollbar. I have a single rollbar version, if I add a passenger rollbar I can take a passenger on track days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastormajorquin (Post 1432673)
Hello!
Thanks for information

Grey 65 11-12-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnolan (Post 1432728)
I’m more interested in the process for adding the rollbar. I have a single rollbar version, if I add a passenger rollbar I can take a passenger on track days.

You buy a passenger side roller, you drill 3 holes in body and mount it...

jeffnolan 11-18-2017 08:48 AM

Thanks Captain Obvious.

The step you skipped is laying out the three holes.

Grey 65 11-19-2017 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnolan (Post 1433117)
Thanks Captain Obvious.

The step you skipped is laying out the three holes.

It is a pretty simple process, basic mechanics... If you need this broken down step by step you should probably buy the rollbar and take it to someone and let them install it for you.

Also, not only is the angle of the rear bar is too steep for it to be a really effective hoop but forward of that hoop there is no safety structure higher than the frame rails besides the two strut towers. These cars as built even with two roll hoops are NOT intended to the track.

Pastormajorquin 01-03-2018 11:24 AM

Does nobody know, where to get the passenger backdraft rollbar?
I need to powdercoat it, but why should I pay for chrome even if I don‘t need the chrome.
Backdraft wants 600$ for chrome, but I only need it as a raw material.
Helping answers would be great.
Thanks Marc

mln385 01-03-2018 11:54 AM

Since these are vehicle (Manufacturer)specific if new is not an option from the BDR maybe watch Ebay for a wrecked cobra being parted out. Or go to a local shop and have one bent and fabricated, this avenue might be at or above your $600 though.

Cashburn 01-03-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastormajorquin (Post 1435676)
Does nobody know, where to get the passenger backdraft rollbar?
I need to powdercoat it, but why should I pay for chrome even if I don‘t need the chrome.
Backdraft wants 600$ for chrome, but I only need it as a raw material.
Helping answers would be great.
Thanks Marc

They are not chrome, they are stainless steel. So you are not paying any extra for the coating. If you pick up the phone and actually call and speak with them they will sell you the bar coated to match your existing bar...

Pastormajorquin 01-04-2018 01:04 AM

Ok. I thought the bars were chrome plated. Thanks for the information.
I sent an email to bdr SA.
Thanks