Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   17 inch Backdraft Rims for Sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/141138-17-inch-backdraft-rims-sale.html)

nathanmargolis 06-28-2018 06:34 AM

17 inch Backdraft Rims for Sale

I will have two 17x11 and one 17x8.5 rims for sale in about a week plus three pin drives coming off my 2006 Backdraft, plus three spinners.

Pricing unknown right now but will be reasonable.

Give me a call if you are interested and then I can tell you the reason why just three if interested.

Imagine someone out there may have the same story and it is not hitting a curb.

Thank you,
Nathan Margolis
713 960-2415
Houston, Texas

Ozzie Goat 06-28-2018 02:24 PM

I think you will find there's not a lot of demand for your rear wheels.
They don't seem to get damaged.

Your one front is worth what ever someone will pay to avoid new Vintage Wheels and related hardware.

Ask me how I know ....

nathanmargolis 06-29-2018 07:21 AM

Note to Ozzie

Ozzie,

Now you have me interested on your story. When you get a chance, give me a call as maybe I can leverage off your experience and save some time on the repair.

Hate to run a thread on Backdraft wheel nightmares as I feel the car is wonderful but it does appear there are issues with there pin drives.

If anyone is in the process of purchasing a used Backdraft, I would urge them to see if all the wheels can be removed with standard procedure (lead mallet, proper direction, and will acutally come off the pin drive) before forking over the money as there would be no way one would know of the issue I encountered.

Realize they have sold close to 2,000 cars and probably less than 1% have experienced this problem. I am probably one of the 1%.

This has become a very expensive tire replacment that I thought would be simple.

Happy Fourth of July,
Nathan

nathanmargolis 07-11-2018 07:38 AM

17 inch rims for sell

I have two 17x11 and one 17x8.5 Backdraft rims for sell as we finally were able to get the fused front rim off the hub but the wheel was destroyed getting it off. That is the reason for not have four rims.

Replaced with wheels from Vintage and went with lug bolts.

Have the three spinners and pin drives, too.

If interested, give me a call at 713 960-2415

Thank you,
Nathan
Houston, Texas
07/11/18

Cashburn 07-11-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathanmargolis (Post 1448027)
I have two 17x11 and one 17x8.5 Backdraft rims for sell as we finally were able to get the fused front rim off the hub but the wheel was destroyed getting it off. That is the reason for not have four rims.

Replaced with wheels from Vintage and went with lug bolts.

Have the three spinners and pin drives, too.

If interested, give me a call at 713 960-2415

Thank you,
Nathan
Houston, Texas
07/11/18

Could you email me a price?

nathanmargolis 07-11-2018 03:03 PM

17 inch wheels

Jay, I will give you a call tomorrow.

Nathan
07/11/18

nathanmargolis 07-16-2018 05:17 PM

Picture of 17" Rims for Backdraft

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 31993

Attachment 31994

Attachment 31995

Attachment 31996

nathanmargolis 10-10-2018 10:02 AM

SOLD IN SEPTMEMBER 2018.

If anyone is in search of a 17" front and rear rims, the gentleman that purchased them from me only need one of the three and imagine would sell to another individual.

Let me know and I will dig up his contact information for him.