Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   What Halibrand Manufacturer do I have? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/142043-what-halibrand-manufacturer-do-i-have.html)

Pastormajorquin 02-18-2019 12:47 PM

What Halibrand Manufacturer do I have?

2 Attachment(s)
Hello guys!
Do you know what type of wheel and manufacturer I have!
It is a 2008 Backdraft Cobra!
Here are some pics

Thanks for help
Marc

Cashburn 02-18-2019 01:45 PM

If those are 17" the manufacturer would have been the original supplier in South Africa to Backdraft. That company closed many years ago.

krausewich 02-18-2019 07:05 PM

Are the letters WAW on the backside? x2 Cashburn if so.
Any distinguishing markings etc??

Mike

Cashburn 02-19-2019 11:18 AM

They are 17s, read my earlier post.

Pastormajorquin 02-20-2019 10:18 AM

They are 17 inch wheels. The marks are in the pictures of my second post. I tried to put them to my first post. There are some marks on the inside.
Which adapter or spinner will fit to these wheels trigo, american racing or what?
Or do I need a new set of wheels with adapter, if I need some new parts for it?
Marc

nathanmargolis 02-20-2019 10:34 AM

If you are looking for a set of 17s, there are some posted on Parts for Sale (Private Party) on this Forum.
If you are just needing a rear wheel, I know where there are two of them. No fronts though.
If you are purchasing new wheels, make it easy on yourself and call Vintage Wheels. They advertise on this site. I needed one 17 (front), could not locate used, and had to purchase 4 new ones from Vintage. I went with lug bolts and have been very happy with them vs. pin drives and they look just fine if not better because of a slightly different offset (in my opinion along with others). Advantage of lug bolts are you can get them off and on much easier, feel more secure that they are on there correctly and not come off, plus if you want, can pick up a BMW spare tire for those trips.

hauss 02-28-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathanmargolis (Post 1458489)
If you are looking for a set of 17s, there are some posted on Parts for Sale (Private Party) on this Forum.
If you are just needing a rear wheel, I know where there are two of them. No fronts though.
If you are purchasing new wheels, make it easy on yourself and call Vintage Wheels. They advertise on this site. I needed one 17 (front), could not locate used, and had to purchase 4 new ones from Vintage. I went with lug bolts and have been very happy with them vs. pin drives and they look just fine if not better because of a slightly different offset (in my opinion along with others). Advantage of lug bolts are you can get them off and on much easier, feel more secure that they are on there correctly and not come off, plus if you want, can pick up a BMW spare tire for those trips.

I still would have gone with knock offs .it"s a cobra and cobras use knock offs . Just my opinion.

Ozzie Goat 03-01-2019 06:33 AM

^^^
Haus, as a fellow person that has experienced losing a wheel, are you sure ??
I feel the same way you do, but I have a question.
Do you have that little voice ?? (are the wheels tight ????)
Do you agree that voice would be much more quiet with lug nuts ??
Just saying...

hauss 03-02-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzie Goat (Post 1458776)
^^^
Haus, as a fellow person that has experienced losing a wheel, are you sure ??
I feel the same way you do, but I have a question.
Do you have that little voice ?? (are the wheels tight ????)
Do you agree that voice would be much more quiet with lug nuts ??
Just saying...

Brother I hear you loud and clear. However I stand by my opinion . Like I said, precheck every drive,use loctite, use a lead hammer for tightening the knockoffs, use safety wire. finally get educated about your car. Dare I say read post by people like buzz,patrckt,ron61,and others.also if you would like I would invite folks to read mine too.:D

Grey 65 03-02-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauss (Post 1458817)
use loctite

Loctite?

hauss 03-02-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey 65 (Post 1458818)
Loctite?

axle bolt {new style} and flange bolts.

6t8stang 03-04-2019 10:24 AM

Or get a set of lug covers like I did that to most people look like knockoffs but the lugnuts are hidden underneath.

Pastormajorquin 03-19-2019 01:41 PM

Who is the current halibrand manufactor of the 17 inch backdraft rims?

Grey 65 03-19-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastormajorquin (Post 1459499)
Who is the current halibrand manufactor of the 17 inch backdraft rims?

Um... no one... 17” is dead... BDR’s come with 18” wheels these days

ront49 03-20-2019 05:24 AM

Not about wheels ... but, how many gallon fuel tank do you have in your BackDraft?

Pastormajorquin 03-20-2019 08:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 32983
I have this one!

pjmoore2003 01-04-2021 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey 65 (Post 1459501)
Um... no one... 17” is dead... BDR’s come with 18” wheels these days

So who makes the 18s?

ERA 626 01-04-2021 11:14 AM

I have a BRAND new set of polished halibrand 6 pin knock offs for sale...with BRAND new toyyo tires installed... if you are interested email me mikelagrone@me.com for photos...

Cashburn 01-04-2021 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjmoore2003 (Post 1487331)
So who makes the 18s?

Backdraft has them manufactured by a 3rd party.

Danr55 01-05-2021 07:27 AM

Guys, Check with Bob at Vintage Wheels USA.. I believe you will find what you are looking for.