Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   Gas-N Exhaust (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/143319-gas-n-exhaust.html)

jimbo01 03-02-2020 07:20 AM

Gas-N Exhaust

After some time I received my new polished exhaust from Gas-n. Have to say the wait was worth it. These pipes are much heavier than the Backdraft ones. You can tell the quality is there. The welding is perfect and the polish job is great. George at Gas-N has been very helpful and willing to discuss my order at any time I called him. It is good to know that now someone makes exhaust for the Backdraft cars.

spdbrake 03-02-2020 08:57 AM

Post some pics please.

jimbo01 03-02-2020 10:45 AM

check out his web site. Gas-n.com he has some beautiful pictures on the site. This price is cheap for the quality he produces. Makes the Brackdraft pipes a piece of junk.

spdbrake 03-02-2020 12:10 PM

I have and am fond of the satin finish. I've haven't found any installed pics though is why I ask.

spdbrake 11-23-2020 08:22 AM

I emailed George yesterday asking if they were considering offering S/Steel headers for SBF BDRs. I got a quick response that are shooting for 2nd qtr 2021.

My early build BDR was converted to flanged collectors at some point and I highly doubt the Gas-N side pipes will bolt right up. I'm planning on going with headers and side pipes from them.

sea2jet 11-26-2020 06:54 AM

I’m excited to get my new Gas-N side pipes in January

BDR0572 11-26-2020 06:56 AM

I will be ordering mine in Jan... I hope

SBSerpent 11-26-2020 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo01 (Post 1472798)
check out his web site. Gas-n.com he has some beautiful pictures on the site. This price is cheap for the quality he produces. Makes the Brackdraft pipes a piece of junk.

For what it's worth, I have to say that I do appreciate the visual cleanliness of the BDR collectors and side pipes being free of welded joints. I find the BDR pipes much 'cleaner' and more visually appealing. Just my $0.02.

IMLost 11-27-2020 06:04 AM

Not sure that I understand why I need to change them? Looks or sound. Or just because I want them like knock off VS bolt on wheels.

Vel87x 11-30-2020 06:19 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoGavh9dWck

SBSerpent 11-30-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vel87x (Post 1485837)

PS side pipe seems to be rattling around more than it should (compared to the DS side pipe). Is the support bracket broken or not secured properly?

Vel87x 12-01-2020 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBSerpent (Post 1485847)
PS side pipe seems to be rattling around more than it should (compared to the DS side pipe). Is the support bracket broken or not secured properly?

Checked it out and everything is where it's supposed to be.

BDR0572 01-03-2021 09:25 AM

That is a lot of shake

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vel87x (Post 1485867)
Checked it out and everything is where it's supposed to be.

That is a lot of shake i would maybe change to a stiffer rubber or even Teflon if the mount can hold it. :JEKYLHYDE EDIT I just went cranked mine and it has the same shake on factory pipes so that that

Vel87x 01-11-2021 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDR0572 (Post 1487307)
That is a lot of shake i would maybe change to a stiffer rubber or even Teflon if the mount can hold it. :JEKYLHYDE EDIT I just went cranked mine and it has the same shake on factory pipes so that that

I think what I'm going to do is apply a little pressure on the pipe with the two bolts loose and push the bracket forward to have more positive tension.

lmmargheritis 01-11-2021 07:06 AM

Gas-N makes a wonderful side Pipe. Here is mine after 8000 miles and a little detailing.

[IMG]http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/3293/Gas-N.jpg[/IMG]

Ozark427 02-16-2021 12:10 PM

How long did it take from order to delivery? How were they shipped, cardboard or wooden crates? Ordered mine the last week of September and still waiting.

rads42 02-16-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozark427 (Post 1489211)
How long did it take from order to delivery? How were they shipped, cardboard or wooden crates? Ordered mine the last week of September and still waiting.

Wow, that wait time seems excessive.

Ozark427 03-14-2021 07:09 AM

Updated: Received my pipes and they look wonderful! Now if I can ever get my replacement MSD pickup, I can get the car on a lift to install them!

1795 03-14-2021 07:58 AM

Georgie is going to be making some custom headers for my 289 with the Dart heads. Looking forward to seeing them when they are done.

Jim

tortuga 03-14-2021 11:26 AM

Discoloration at turn

The polished ones turn a beautiful golden color where they get hot...i Love the look, i also think it might warn the uninitiated as to the heat in them...