Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   Heat shield - Anyone have one or place to buy? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/143692-heat-shield-anyone-have-one-place-buy.html)

Mattsvtcobra 06-03-2020 11:42 AM

Heat shield - Anyone have one or place to buy?

Hi guys. Anyone have a heat shield laying around that I can buy? I have ceramic coated side exhaust, but I need to protect my sons legs. Or suggestions of where to get ones that look good?

Thanks!

Quentin Z 06-03-2020 12:57 PM

Finish Line Accessories' might work:

https://www.finishlineaccessories.co...s-ceramic.aspx

jeffgrice 06-04-2020 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattsvtcobra (Post 1477819)
Hi guys. Anyone have a heat shield laying around that I can buy? I have ceramic coated side exhaust, but I need to protect my sons legs. Or suggestions of where to get ones that look good?

Thanks!

Matt

Check out www.CobraStuff.com - cobra heat shields

Jeff

genolan 06-04-2020 05:42 AM

I use a welding pad and drape it over the pipes when guests get in and out. It works well and fits behind the seat for storage.

bobcowan 06-04-2020 06:59 AM

I have a couple. They came with the car. I had them black ceramic coated to match the pipes. But then decided not to use them.

Lou1119 06-04-2020 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genolan (Post 1477855)
I use a welding pad and drape it over the pipes when guests get in and out. It works well and fits behind the seat for storage.

I second that. I bought an 18x24 one on Amazon and it has turned out to be the best purchase that I made for my Cobra

KDubU 06-04-2020 07:16 AM

You can also try sending an email to Drummer Mike here: m49francuck@hotmail.com. He used to make awesome shields and I had a set. You will not burn yourself on those and can touch them even after an hours run.

If you want to see some, enter this in Google: “drummer mike heat shields“. You will see the ffcars forum come up and there are pics in there.

Mattsvtcobra 06-05-2020 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDubU (Post 1477861)
You can also try sending an email to Drummer Mike here: m49francuck@hotmail.com. He used to make awesome shields and I had a set. You will not burn yourself on those and can touch them even after an hours run.

If you want to see some, enter this in Google: “drummer mike heat shields“. You will see the ffcars forum come up and there are pics in there.

He is hard to get a hold of... but I was actually able to chat with him. He said he really only made them for Factory Five cars.... but he and I will work on seeing what we can do on the BDR car. The muffle on the BDR seems to be longer than a F5R.

FredG 06-05-2020 03:23 PM

The fellow I purchased my car from removed them because he thought it looked cool without them. He threw them away. One touch of the hot pipes and cool was out the window. I purchased a new set from Iconic.

Fred

eschaider 08-06-2022 08:19 AM

Shell Valley also has a heat shield offering that has decent esthetics with good protection. Click here =>Shell Valley Heat Shields

Unique427 08-06-2022 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genolan (Post 1477855)

I don't like the look of metal heat shields, so I took the above
concept a step further to appease my OCD.

Had a leathersmith make a full length contoured paper pattern of both door sills.
He used thick black leather for the show side.
Backed it with Kevlar fabric on hot side and filled the inside with Nomex padding.
Then he sewed a strip of Velcro along the inside bottom for attaching to carpet.
Topped it off with a red leather pull strap to deploy while still seated.
Driver or passenger can tug that red strap and the shield just flops out over the pipe.
Driver and passenger shields simply roll up and fit along the door jam and seat.
Looks really Tier 1.

At full operating temp, I can place my hand on the protected leather side
without time limit and only feel slight warmth.

After years of use the backside Kevlar fabric has no heat discoloration.

KarlzEE Bebout 08-06-2022 09:13 AM

Or....go with under car exhaust?

Justa thought.

Old Painless 08-06-2022 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unique427 (Post 1509042)

Had a leathersmith make a full length contoured paper pattern of both door sills.
Backed it with Kevlar fabric on hot side and filled the inside with Nomex padding.
Then he sewed a strip of Velcro along the inside bottom for attaching to carpet.
Driver or passenger can tug that red strap and the shield just flops out over the pipe.
Driver and passenger shields simply roll up and fit along the door jam and seat.
Looks really Tier 1.

That's a great idea... might steal it for my car.

happen to have any pictures for us?

Cashburn 08-08-2022 12:29 PM

They should have them if you call: https://www.iconicparts.com/products...es-heatshields

Unique427 08-09-2022 07:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Painless (Post 1509047)
That's a great idea... might steal it for my car.

happen to have any pictures for us?

As requested ...............

There's a full length wood dowl inside next to
red pull strap for rolling back up when done.

Black leather show side.
Kevlar fabric backside.
Nomex padding inside.
Thermal limit = 800 F

BDR0572 08-13-2022 12:31 PM

Is this leather smith available for mail order?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unique427 (Post 1509042)

Looks really Tier 1.

has he ever thought of creating for online market ? :p