Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   Any idea as to what this elongated nut is for? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/144330-any-idea-what-elongated-nut.html)

SBSerpent 12-24-2020 02:36 PM

Any idea as to what this elongated nut is for?

1 Attachment(s)
I found it underneath the adjustable driver's seat of my 2011 BDR. I have no idea and unless I remove the seat completely, I can't investigate properly. So I'm seeking 'insider' knowledge from the audience.:confused:

Anthony 12-24-2020 03:37 PM

That's the master nut. It ties the frame rails, drivetrain all together. Be careful driving. :LOL::JEKYLHYDE

Cashburn 12-24-2020 07:14 PM

Looks like a nut to hold the VDO gauge bracket.

SBSerpent 12-25-2020 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony (Post 1486828)
That's the master nut. It ties the frame rails, drivetrain all together. Be careful driving. :LOL::JEKYLHYDE

Whew! For a second there I was kinda concerned that it was from the muffler bearing assembly :LOL:

SBSerpent 12-25-2020 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashburn (Post 1486832)

Interesting. Will check underneath the dash for missing fasteners.

But in the meantime, Merry Christmas everyone!

razerwire 12-25-2020 12:30 PM

cap for blinker fluid

PDUB 12-25-2020 01:11 PM

Holds the windshield wiper blades to the glass... so you don't get streaks.

SBSerpent 12-25-2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashburn (Post 1486832)

Good catch Jay! Looked under the dash and noticed actually a couple of nuts missing on two different VDO gauge brackets. Is this type of nut readily available at your local hardware store or is it some specialty type of fastener?

undy 12-26-2020 05:38 AM

As we age all our nuts become elongated...

jolsen42 12-26-2020 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony (Post 1486828)

You're a cruel man. :LOL::LOL:

John O

willandrache 12-26-2020 01:29 PM

I had to order one of those. Only to discover that in the Southern Hemisphere they are left hand thread. ��

SBSerpent 12-26-2020 07:08 PM

Never thought this thread would rustle up so many comedians. Love it.

FredG 12-27-2020 06:44 PM

Master Nut....

That's my favorite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBSerpent (Post 1486933)
Never thought this thread would rustle up so many comedians. Love it.