Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   Guidance on expansion tank coolant hose (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/145597-guidance-expansion-tank-coolant-hose.html)

SBSerpent 01-27-2022 08:29 AM

Guidance on expansion tank coolant hose

Can anyone provide info on where I can purchase the hose that goes from the expansion tank to the lower coolant pipe? This is for a 2011 BDR build. The hose is about 12" long and has a slight bend to it (~30 degrees) and appears to be a 1" ID hose. Tried Iconic - they don't carry it.

spdbrake 01-27-2022 10:36 AM

Bulk 1 inch heater hose is what I used. Gates brand. Not molded shape wise.

You can use bulk (by the foot) thru any autoparts store like this one.
Advance Autoparts PN: CQ1828-25

twobjshelbys 01-27-2022 12:58 PM

When I needed a hose - I think it was the lower one - there wasn't one that matched so the parts guy let me in to the back where they have hundreds hanging on the wall and I found one that had a piece that closely matched the shape I needed and just trimmed off the excess.

SBSerpent 01-27-2022 06:49 PM

Just to confirm, this particular hose is a 1" ID hose?

spdbrake 01-27-2022 08:34 PM

Yes 1 inch ID. The link to the hose is also 1 inch ID.

BDR_Devin 02-18-2022 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBSerpent (Post 1502644)
Can anyone provide info on where I can purchase the hose that goes from the expansion tank to the lower coolant pipe? This is for a 2011 BDR build. The hose is about 12" long and has a slight bend to it (~30 degrees) and appears to be a 1" ID hose. Tried Iconic - they don't carry it.

Please email me at sales@iconicparts.com. Please include a picture of the old hose. I'm sure I have something for you.

Kind regards,
Devin

S1965C 02-18-2022 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1502653)
...so the parts guy let me in to the back where they have hundreds hanging on the wall and I found one that had a piece that closely matched the shape I needed and just trimmed off the excess.

That's exactly what I do. They know they will get a sale and it saves them time pulling a dozen different hoses and bringing them to the counter.

SBSerpent 02-18-2022 09:12 PM

I did manage to find a 1" ID hose with a slight bend and that worked perfectly for my application.

Thx for all of your help

Quentin Z 02-22-2022 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBSerpent (Post 1503550)
I did manage to find a 1" ID hose with a slight bend and that worked perfectly for my application.

Thx for all of your help

Manufacturer and Part #?

SBSerpent 02-22-2022 08:28 PM

Just a 1" heater hose that I picked up at the local NAPA parts store. They cut it to length - comes on a large spool. The slight bend was because it formed a curve while wrapped on the spool.