Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   Roush vs Ford Spark plug wires (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/146446-roush-vs-ford-spark-plug-wires.html)

169mph 12-03-2022 10:48 AM

Roush vs Ford Spark plug wires

My 427ir died pulling out of my neighbor. Started back up after a few tries but it was running like crap. I was able to make it back to the house. Before it died I checked each spark plug wire to be sure one didn’t pop off. I don’t recommend doing this with the engine running. The first wire I grabbed shocked the piss out of me. Long story short. I ordered new ford racing 9mm plug wires to replace the roush wires it came with. I was told the ford racing wires were a direct replacement. I checked the resistance in in both sets of wires. The old roush wires were ~400 ohms. The new ford wires measured ~4000 ohms. I thought I would see more resistance on the old wires???? Is this difference enough to worry about?

Appreciate the help. Mike

Grubby 12-03-2022 10:55 AM

4000 to 8000 ohms is normal

John

BDR0572 12-07-2022 03:38 PM

ford racing wires

Quote:

Originally Posted by 169mph (Post 1512546)
My 427ir died pulling out of my neighbor. Started back up after a few tries but it was running like crap. I was able to make it back to the house. Before it died I checked each spark plug wire to be sure one didn’t pop off. I don’t recommend doing this with the engine running. The first wire I grabbed shocked the piss out of me. Long story short. I ordered new ford racing 9mm plug wires to replace the roush wires it came with. I was told the ford racing wires were a direct replacement. I checked the resistance in in both sets of wires. The old roush wires were ~400 ohms. The new ford wires measured ~4000 ohms. I thought I would see more resistance on the old wires???? Is this difference enough to worry about?

Appreciate the help. Mike

This is ironic i just changed mine this week also, what i did not like is that the ford wires are too long on a couple of cylinders and have this ugly hump in wire routers , I am trying to find original MSD wires now they fit perfect . :JEKYLHYDE Dont be suprised you will have too drill wire routers (holders) for the larger wire

hinoonaz 12-07-2022 04:02 PM

I've had good luck, 20 years with Taylor. I make them up for length and routing. Choice of colors.